+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Three games against top 3 opposition, one win, two draws, five points and only one goal conceded. Lots of numbers all adding up to good business having been done in this transfer window? Another rearguard action but despite ceding the lion's share of possession we did record more shots on target than The Blades. How did the debutants do? We're still down in the relegation mix at the wrong end of the table but are there signs that MT might be the man to stop the yoyo?

Thoughts?

We will stay up now the squad been stregtened. It will be tight but we will do it

Draw a fair result really

Mom the referee thought he had a good game

4 points off a team looking good for promotion is no mean feat. Last 3 performances suggest we can/should stay up.

Solid defence. Interested to hear views from anyone present on Hugill.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    4 points off a team looking good for promotion is no mean feat. Last 3 performances suggest we can/should stay up.

Solid defence. Interested to hear views from anyone present on Hugill.
    I wasn’t there but didn’t get how he was given MOM. Certainly a defender for me

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    I'd have given it Rathbone

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Hugill started well but tired in the 2nd half. MOM is a bit of a joke really. Should have gone to Humphreys or Odoffin.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Hugill started well but tired in the 2nd half. MOM is a bit of a joke really. Should have gone to Humphreys or Odoffin.
    My thoughts too. Odoffin is in a purple patch atm

Hall was immense. He headed everything away in the first half. Rathbone covered every blade of grass and tackled every player out there.
    Hugil will improve when he’s fitter, I’d like to see him and Washington up there together.

Leo is a class act. His touch is unbelievable,

I hope Bailey Wright is ok. I didn’t see what happened.

I’d like to say well done to Paul Heckingbottom and Stuart McCall. It can’t be easy managing a team and refereeing the game at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

I’d like to say well done to Paul Heckingbottom and Stuart McCall. It can’t be easy managing a team and refereeing the game at the same time.
    ha ha very good

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Hall was immense. He headed everything away in the first half. Rathbone covered every blade of grass and tackled every player out there.
    Hugil will improve when he’s fitter, I’d like to see him and Washington up there together.

Leo is a class act. His touch is unbelievable,

I hope Bailey Wright is ok. I didn’t see what happened.

Love your last line pal. One instance, Ref says throw in, Lino agrees, Heckingbottom throws a dummy out of the pram and the Ref awards a free kick to them????? There's no wonder he's been demoted from the Prem, he was very poor. Gave them a free kick every time they fell to the ground like pussies.

We more than matched them. Had more shots on traget and should have scored at least one in the first half. Hughill, what a handful he was. Okay he was out to impress but this lad's got a great engine. Won almost all of his headers and with purpose. Rolled his body well to fend off challenges and passed to his own players with precision. Can almost see why the sponsors gave him the MOTM today. For me you could choose between Hall/Odoffin or Rathbone. All played exceptionally well.

The new lads will get up to speed soon enough. Like CAM said in his OP, we have taken 5/9 from the top three teams, now that's something to be optimistic about going forward. Well done everyone today, the crowd got behind the team, Taylor picked a good formation and used his subs wisely. Onwards and upwards UTM!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast