+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Three games against top 3 opposition, one win, two draws, five points and only one goal conceded. Lots of numbers all adding up to good business having been done in this transfer window? Another rearguard action but despite ceding the lion's share of possession we did record more shots on target than The Blades. How did the debutants do? We're still down in the relegation mix at the wrong end of the table but are there signs that MT might be the man to stop the yoyo?

Thoughts?

We will stay up now the squad been stregtened. It will be tight but we will do it

Draw a fair result really

Mom the referee thought he had a good game

4 points off a team looking good for promotion is no mean feat. Last 3 performances suggest we can/should stay up.

Solid defence. Interested to hear views from anyone present on Hugill.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    4 points off a team looking good for promotion is no mean feat. Last 3 performances suggest we can/should stay up.

Solid defence. Interested to hear views from anyone present on Hugill.
    I wasn’t there but didn’t get how he was given MOM. Certainly a defender for me

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    I'd have given it Rathbone

I thought it was a good game, not a classic by any means but interesting from many points and in the end we'd had the best chances and on another day we could have won that game. We're looking like a well organised side now and the new additions look good. Well pleased with all the players involved today, not a bad performance (again) from anyone. Keep this up and we'll stay up easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Hugill started well but tired in the 2nd half. MOM is a bit of a joke really. Should have gone to Humphreys or Odoffin.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Hugill started well but tired in the 2nd half. MOM is a bit of a joke really. Should have gone to Humphreys or Odoffin.
    My thoughts too. Odoffin is in a purple patch atm

Good point. All back 4 did well. Know you might think I'm knit picking but I said when we signed Bailey Wright on loan he doesn't look tall enough for a centre back after today it looks that way to me. Think Hugill & Coventry there's more to come when they are totally match sharp.

Hall was immense. He headed everything away in the first half. Rathbone covered every blade of grass and tackled every player out there.
    Hugil will improve when he’s fitter, I’d like to see him and Washington up there together.

Leo is a class act. His touch is unbelievable,

I hope Bailey Wright is ok. I didn’t see what happened.

I’d like to say well done to Paul Heckingbottom and Stuart McCall. It can’t be easy managing a team and refereeing the game at the same time.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast