+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v West Ham Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    We need a left back I would say...
    Definitely. I love Dan Burn and he's done a great job, but it's so clearly not his natural poisition. Espcially when he gets forward.

some atrocious passing today...good by Gordon so far

Not Murphy again

Gordon looks good, but i think this game makes our January window look a bit disappointing. We needed more to realistically finish 4th. Losing Bruno obviously didn't help, but even before him being suspended, we've looked off it. Going all the way back to the Leeds game i'd suggest.

One thing from today Gordon has to start against Bournemouth.

In all honesty, I think we were overperforming for a while which raised our expectations. This is now more like our early season form which was full of draws. We're not losing at least, we're ahead of the curve with respect to the journey we are on and we're in a cup final. Still disappointing not to win games like these, especially with how we started, but I don't think we need to be panicking as yet (not saying you are panicking mind). We're also missing two of our best players in Bruno and Isak, but they will both be back

Think we would have won with Shelvey in the middle today.

Gordon has to start before Maxi.

I would start both Gordon and Isak next week. Wilson got a goal but I think an on form Wilson would've had a hattrick today, the other time he was set free and the header he directed straight at their keeper. He's just looked off it of late

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Think we would have won with Shelvey in the middle today.

Gordon has to start before Maxi.
    Yeah. I am not sure we'll see much more of ASM. Just doesn't fit the team unfortunately. H needs to be in a team where he has free license to run at players. Seems like we've cut off his balls making him pass when you can tell he doesn't want to.

2 points dropped but at least we didn't lose.

10 draws so far, a few of them converted into wins and we'd be lookinf at a different table.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)