+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villa Park, what's the problem?

Villa Park, what's the problem?

Lost at home to the worst Dipper side in Klopp's reign.
    Stevenage at home…Cough, cough.
    Now Lista.

Can we only play counter-attacking football? I.e. fked when teams sit back?

We’re not great when opposing front lines press high either.

Is our home support a hindrance?

Conundrums a plenty. Who’d be the manager of these fking players?

Answers anyone?

For many years VP has been a happy hunting ground for so many sides, we have a soft underbelly, unfortunately we don't have the players to put teams to the sword. Home support will huff and puff when we're not effective enough against teams we should be getting points off.

Very true, WCV. VP has rarely, in the last 40 years, been a fortress. On the odd Derby day or night match, it has been an inspiring arena.

I suppose that’s the way in which the demographics of modern Premier league home supporters, manipulate the atmosphere. Even stadiums with 60-odd thousand, struggle to match a ‘Wendy House’ like Selhurst Park.

Very hard to stay positive, after results and performances like today. I may turn to drink.

But hey, Onwards & Upwards.

Could it be modern society, you know, I've paid my money now win and I might sing?? I do feel the passion has gone along with those supporters because of the season ticket scenario, I've said it before it's great to see families down the match but they are not going to scream and shout, the kids constantly on their Mobiles, mom looking strangely at Dad as he gives the odd outburst. Yes all good when the goals go in but when the support is needed, it's not there and that's why it's different on away days, it's more about getting to the pub, good old sing song, meeting the old buys and girls. Once in the ground, it's a case of make yourself heard. I've heard comments off the home fans of Brighton say we are the noisiest fans they have ever heard! Villa park has become 'Nice place to go' but no amount of support would have made any difference to yesterday's Kamikazi performance!

Villa crowd were just getting in full voice when we go and give a sloppy goal away just after scoring. After that the crowd were taken out of the equation. stop giving the ball to a midfielder with his back to the opposition, that is always a dangerous pass. If we play out from the back centre halves facing forwards is the only safe way.

Maybe the away season ticket holders could have their own safe standing section in the new North Stand somewhere near the visiting section, I also think it was the wrong decision to move away fans from behind the goal to the DE. When we go to Wembley the mood is buoyant and everyone gets involved, most of them will be VP regulars.

Definitely some truth in the demographic, even back in the 80's the singing came almost exclusively from the back of the Holte unless it was a big game.

VP and fans have high expectations but more often than not dont have the players experienced enough or good enough to live up to the expectations. The current team just need more confidence and maturity. They have the ability

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)