+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Salmon Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The ‘junkie’ (he, like many others still around ‘managed’ his habit so that he could lead an outwardly-normal life) was Nicholas Black.
    Do you know all this off the top of your head? Impressive if you do.

I watched it a lot between 86-96, but memories of it are very few to say the least.

Yes.

I’ve already said too much.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm sure I clocked Sinbad in the dole Q when Paul Collins was signing on.
    You did. The guy who jumped off the truck after Damon had given him lip about the cookers would play Frank Rogers a few years later.

These episodes offer a great social commentary of the times. Ricky Tomlinson plays the union rep so well, you would think he had been one in real life before becoming an actor!

Some of the language used I cannot believe was allowed on the telly back in 82. Assuming it was still broadcast at 8pm back in 82 and not after 9 pm?

Looking at the houses as well, shows how little we had then compared to now. Getting into trouble off my ma for using up the loaf was a regular occurrence in our house too along with using too much milk.

Aye, kinda scary.
    That still seems a recent bit of history to me, but Jaysus it's a different planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    These episodes offer a great social commentary of the times. Ricky Tomlinson plays the union rep so well, you would think he had been one in real life before becoming an actor!

Some of the language used I cannot believe was allowed on the telly back in 82. Assuming it was still broadcast at 8pm back in 82 and not after 9 pm?

Looking at the houses as well, shows how little we had then compared to now. Getting into trouble off my ma for using up the loaf was a regular occurrence in our house too along with using too much milk.
    Many moons ago there was a series called Roughnecks (I think?)

Ricki Tomlinson played the chef (Cinders) and the whole cast and crew were on the survival course same time as myself. Done more of those courses than i care to remember but that one stands out for said Cinders standing on the 'platform' to follow the rest jumping off and swimming to the helicopter for the dunking exercises.

Top of his lungs to the whole ensemble:

"You've got more chance of me being the next pope than getting in that fcking thing"

It didn't go to air.

Most of them were effite blouses that would have got DD frothing but Clive Russell (Archie) was a 'proper mannie' and good for a laugh.

It got pulled quite quickly i think

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Many moons ago there was a series called Roughnecks (I think?)

Ricki Tomlinson played the chef (Cinders) and the whole cast and crew were on the survival course same time as myself. Done more of those courses than i care to remember but that one stands out for said Cinders standing on the 'platform' to follow the rest jumping off and swimming to the helicopter for the dunking exercises.

Top of his lungs to the whole ensemble:

"You've got more chance of me being the next pope than getting in that fcking thing"

It didn't go to air.

Most of them were effite blouses that would have got DD frothing but Clive Russell (Archie) was a 'proper mannie' and good for a laugh.

It got pulled quite quickly i think
    I was walking past the skyscraper at the beach one morning where they were filing a scene for Roughnecks and quickly got told to 'f**k off out of it' by someone in the crew.

Was that the series that featured that great massive giant colossal hoor of a building that towers ower Stoney?

And I don’t mean Sneckie.

Frank Rogers, father of Sammy with a ‘fro, helping Gav and Petra move into no 10. Yikes.

George Malone from Boys from the Blackstuff was union negotiator in one of tonight's episode.

Another fine piece of social realism and for me one of the best things ever on TV. Would have been broadcast around the time Brookside started in 82.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast