+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

Is it just me that doesn’t rate Collins?
    I keep reading about him being one of our few assets but I don’t see it so I probably do stand alone.
    I rate him as a sweeper which he’s very good at but I don’t rate him as a shot stopper and he tends to flap at crosses from corners if anybody is close on him.
    I don’t think we’ve had a half decent keeper since Davies left and that would be top of my shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I keep reading about him being one of our few assets but I don’t see it so I probably do stand alone.
    I rate him as a sweeper which he’s very good at but I don’t rate him as a shot stopper and he tends to flap at crosses from corners if anybody is close on him.
    I don’t think we’ve had a half decent keeper since Davies left and that would be top of my shopping list.
    Not the worst we've had by any means but not as good as Davies either .

You're right abart his unconvincing ability on crosses Dogs. Other than that he's pretty solid

50/50 for me over the last few seasons who is the best goalkeeper Collins or Walton.

As I said a couple of days ago good luck to Jack Walton.

Find it a bit strange he appears to have gone to Luton as 3rd choice not even on the bench yesterday and also seems little future now for Isted at Luton after his loan spell finishes with us.

Can only think we have made some financial saving by doing this deal, however small it maybe.

Davies could end up back at Oakwell.....

He's not as good as Davies but he is a solid keeper. Davies wasn't great at coming out of his area or sweeping up at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    You are not on your own , I posted last week that I preferred Walton & I fully expected to get slaughtered but we all have our own opinions , my grandkids take me task over it as they like Collins & they say I am biased which is probably right ,but Collins is a keeper who I have never taken to but successive head coaches have consistently picked him & they know more about the game than me but if it had been down to me Walton would still be here & Collins would have been sold .

I think he’s picked to suit the system plus we’re not blessed with speed in our back three.
    I’d loved to be proved wrong but put in a good low strike either side of him and he never looks convincing to me.

Collins developed his sweeper role and time wasting/ sh1thousery stuff under Ismael.

I see him as a competent but not great keeper.

His form seems to have dipped recently, particularly with crosses, so it was just the right time to sell his sound No 2 Walton by the owners.

Nearly cost a goal at Portsmouth misjudging a cross.