+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the championship really the 4th best league in the world

League 1 must be the worst considering who is at the top

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    League 1 must be the worst considering who is at the top
    Not sure how you lads saw it Lincs last season but below 8th the standard is absolutely shocking .

Unfortunately the top 8 are pretty good which gives us a problem .

Getting in the play offs and then winning em .

Not going to be easy .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not sure how you lads saw it Lincs last season but below 8th the standard is absolutely shocking .

Unfortunately the top 8 are pretty good which gives us a problem .

Getting in the play offs and then winning em .

Not going to be easy .
    I think for teams like Rotherham and Barnsley a settled team is prob the best way to tackle league 1 with maybe 1 or 2 good additions when relegated. It's a tough league to get out of simply because there's more teams that are happy to park the bus and work extremely hard to not concede. The amount of clean sheets we kept last season was a huge amount and I think most of them were because teams that we played only went with 1 up top and relied on breakaway

Of all the teams that we have played this season including the top 6 it is Hull in 12th and Brizzle City in 16th that have played the best football against us at NYS.

When Wigan beat us at NYS back in October it was their 4th away win in a row and look where they are now.

It will only be the 4th best league when sheff wed are in it.

Untill than

The quality of football in the championship is generally very high, a massive step up from league one,but also a big step down from the Prem, if that makes sense 🤔.
    However, this season I don't think the overall standard is as high, I honestly feel we can compete with most teams, and quite a few above us could get dragged into relegation this year.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    It will only be the 4th best league when sheff wed are in it.

Untill than
    Got some waiting to do then…..

They’ll fizzle out into play offs, Derby will beat them in that and Barnsley will beat Derby in the Wembley play off final 😄😄😄 Great times for a neutral.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12