+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 4 finish?

I'm not expecting Top 4, I'm hoping though.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I'm not expecting Top 4, I'm hoping though.
    Agree with this.

It is possible, but we need some luck. First and foremost with injuries and suspensions.

If I knew we would have our 15 best players available for the rest of the season, I would say we could finish top 4. Trouble is thats probably unrealistic. There will be more injuries, but it all depends on the length and timing of it.

Before the season I would take top 6, if offered. Now, I would be happy to gamble on a top 6, in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

I am not normally prone to overly positive or negative thinking.
    We are 4th.
    Barring a poor touch by Willock and an absolutely stunning strike by Paqueta, we win that game. And we looked poor but still took a point.
    We are presently getting nothing in the way of goals from our back four from what is an inordinate amount of set pieces. That will change I suspect.
    We are balanced and well organized. I suspect we will continue to pick up 1’s and 3’s for the remainder of the season.
    We will win the cup. We are a better team the ManU.

Quote Originally Posted by marathoningmagpie View Post
    I am not normally prone to overly positive or negative thinking.
    We are 4th.
    Barring a poor touch by Willock and an absolutely stunning strike by Paqueta, we win that game. And we looked poor but still took a point.
    We are presently getting nothing in the way of goals from our back four from what is an inordinate amount of set pieces. That will change I suspect.
    We are balanced and well organized. I suspect we will continue to pick up 1’s and 3’s for the remainder of the season.
    We will win the cup. We are a better team the ManU.
    Love your optimism - hope you’re right.
    I think you meant Adams’s strike.
    Paqueta’s was a 3 meter tap in.

It’s a good point about lack of goals from set pieces. For 3 big lads at the back I only remember the odd header from Schar threatening (having said that Trippier contributes enough at set pieces for all 4 of them!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)