+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leyton Orient again

Leyton Orient again

After Saturday, most of us probably expect us to get roasted on Tuesday. At least the Orient broke their poor run before playing us!
    So what will happen? Will Bell go back to trying to shut up shop or will he carry on and hope they can bounce back?
    I hope he goes 4-4-2 (he probably won't!) and plays 2 wingers (Amoo would be one and Brook COULD be the other but he would need to be a more orthodox in his wing play). No more playing Nevitt on his own, please. With 2 wingers and 2 attacking full backs, there should be plenty of opportunity to get the ball forward quickly . It would also require 2 solid centre-mids.
    However, if Offord is playing I can't see them attempting to get the ball forward quickly and unfortunately if we are slow moving the ball then Leyton will swamp us.
    Again difficult to predict which Crewe Alex will turn up. Less difficult is the idea that the Alex will score either zero or one. So I'm going for 0-2. So 1 point from 9 from 3 home games.😟

The outcome of this game depends on whether Rod and Kelvin are back. Impossible to predict a score without knowing.
    Am going for 1-1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    The outcome of this game depends on whether Rod and Kelvin are back. Impossible to predict a score without knowing.
    Am going for 1-1 ...
    Thought Kelvin was out for a while. Thought the back up right back looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Thought Kelvin was out for a while. Thought the back up right back looked good.
    Thanks for update re Kelvin - definitely agree with you regarding Sean Robertson. Be nice to have a round peg in a round hole ...

Mcdonald should be good to go for tomorrow, Mellor having scan today, but could be a season finisher

What's the problem with Kelvin?
    Good timing to get Robertson if he's possibly out for the season.

Good to hear that Mcdonald might be back. How will that affect the back line?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Good to hear that Mcdonald might be back. How will that affect the back line?
    It'll be a lot better!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    It'll be a lot better!!
    No place for Offord overrated as are so many of the players from the academy system revert to McDonald and oriordan as the CB pairing also Thomas needs to be left out as well as Griffiths only 7 points above the relegation zone and far from safe.

I'm going for a 0-2 loss, I might change my mind once I've seen the teamsheet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast