+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Happy Valley

OT Happy Valley

British broadcasting at its most excellent.

Great writing; great acting from the four principal characters; believable characters and believable Yorkshire accents!

This series alone was worth the licence fee (that should reel a few in).

On a different subject, surely James Norton is James Bond?

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post

Great writing; great acting from the four principal characters; believable characters and believable Yorkshire accents!

Couldn't agree more. Funny, brutal and emotional. Who knew that Dippy Raquel from Corra could act like that and Mrs Scum wants to leave me for Tommy Lee Royce despite him being an Evil Psychotic murderer.

It has bowed out at the right time as well. Too many great series drag out for too long.

If I am nitpicking, during one of the scenes where Ryan was playing football, some of the centre-backs didn't look tall enough.

Not often I am riveted to the telly nowadays thee is an awful amount of shyte. Also think the 3 series link together very well. If you have never seen it do what I did watch from the very first series and work thru it. Sarah Lancashire has come a long way from Corrie. Well done to the Oldham lass. James Norton? Yes a Bond but I only see him as being a very good baddie at the moment!

And yes Scum, thought Catherine Cawood could have been a bit bigger as well but she certainly packs a punch for someone who is not tall!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-02-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post

Can picture it now…..

“Does tha know who tha dealing wi owd lad?”

“I’m James Bond so watch this sen”

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Can picture it now…..

“Does tha know who tha dealing wi owd lad?”

“I’m James Bond so watch this sen”
    Ex-Public Schoolboy - His natural accent is really posh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Funny, brutal and emotional. Who knew that Dippy Raquel from Corra could act like that and Mrs Scum wants to leave me for Tommy Lee Royce despite him being an Evil Psychotic murderer.

It has bowed out at the right time as well. Too many great series drag out for too long.

If I am nitpicking, during one of the scenes where Ryan was playing football, some of the centre-backs didn't look tall enough.
    Well spotted Scum! It's the little (or not) details that make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Ex-Public Schoolboy - His natural accent is really posh.
    Excuse me pal, I’m being a tad giddy and facetious at the mo. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not often I am riveted to the telly nowadays thee is an awful amount of shyte. Also think the 3 series link together very well. If you have never seen it do what I did watch from the very first series and work thru it. Sarah Lancashire come a long way from Corrie. Well done to the Oldham lass. James Norton? Yes a Bond but I only see him as being a very good baddie at the moment!

And yes Scum, thought Catherine Cawood could have been a bit bigger as well but she certainly packs a punch for someone who is not tall!
    I missed the first two series, probably because I wasn't a great fan of Sarah Lancashire. I shall be searching them out on catch-up or whatever.

I'm now the latest member of the Sarah Lancashire fan club. And equally appreciative of Siobhan Finneran who played Claire.

Aye its on iplayer gids or was anyway.

Been a good series, really enjoyed it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast