+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Position, Which Club, How Tall are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Didn't deliberately mean to deceive Brin - just thought it was a little unfair to mention Stewarts name without realising his full career.
    I do know Stew - his wife - and his brother.
    Stew and Bobby Williamson used to call local for an after match drink following home games.

Besides Brin I thought you would have picked up earlier considering you know my Christian name. -
    Godsend, yes I should have picked up on your Christian name! Doh!

Eh, it was a tongue in cheek poke at Stewart as someone had already mentioned his nickname of “the swan” in another thread. He was about what we could afford at the time and yes, I apologise for not knowing his full playing record.

Shame Bassett dropped him after all that hard work. Never realised how many league games he played in total and his goal scoring record. There weren’t mobiles about in those days to fast check stats like you can today. Again apologies to to ‘baldy’ tic, I saw him in the hospitality lounge not long ago. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    I'm almost sure you enjoyed every game.
    Was Wayne Biggins at SPS when you were there or had you retired by then.?
    Yes mate I played alongside Bert for 2 seasons,

[QUOTE=Brin;40211941

Shame Bassett dropped him after all that hard work. Never realised how many league games he played in total and his goal scoring record. There weren’t mobiles about in those days to fast check stats like you can today. Again apologies to to ‘baldy’ tic, I saw him in the hospitality lounge not long ago. [/QUOTE]

You're making the mistake of judging a player based on Wiki instead of looking at the bigger picture of what a player can bring to a team / squad.
    I never said Stew was a prolific goalscorer - if he had been he would have played in the Prem - besides Bobby W was main man in those days and I doubt Stew played every game alongside BW.
    Apprentice at RUFC and wasn't offered a contract - dropped out of the league and then worked his way back up the system.
    A local lad that did fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by audimiller View Post
    Yes mate I played alongside Bert for 2 seasons,
    I will have seen you play quite a few times then.
    Harrison was Berties son - started off at Barnsley - moved onto Fleetwood - now at Donny Rovers.

Remember the weekend a few of us from Rawmish Trades went down to support Stew down at Wimbledon, think it was against Torquay. Stew scored a hat trick , we ended up in directors lounge after the game chatting with the chairman who thought the world of him , what fun we had that night round the west end with the match ball .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345