+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bad drivers.

Bad drivers.

On Sunday I was out for my exercise down my local country lane, one part of it is a very steep hill with a pretty sharp “S” bend in it.

I knew that about 30-40 yards behind me were three girls in their late t e e n s on horseback who were slowly plodding up the hill.

I heard a car coming towards us and because I was further around this “S” bend I was able to see this flat bed truck arriving at great speed.

I put my arm out quickly and motioned for the driver to slow down, I had a feeling of impending doom.

The driver responded by giving me a dose of the V’s and then a second or so later I could hear him screeching to a halt as he came upon not only these girls on horseback but also a Range Rover Sport that was respectfully driving slowly behind these girls.

The truck driver was stuck, there was no way through because the road was so narrow at that point.

The one girl shouted and asked him what the Hell he thought he was doing in driving like that and he swore at her, so fair play to these girls, they really laid into him and called him every “ f u c k I n g w a n k e r “ they could lay their tongues to.

This arrogant fool just kept shouting at them.....”can’t hear you, can’t hear you” before eventually roaring off with his wheels spinning!

This incident is for me a microcosm of what’s wrong with many in society today.

All I’d initially tried to do was do the guy a favour to stop him hurting himself and others potentially and yet all I get is the V’s being violently being flicked at me.

Not only that, when he does almost cause a catastrophe there’s absolutely no contrition, not the hint of an apology.......all he does is continue to act like a t w a t and make out that it’s everyone else who’s in the wrong just for having the audacity to be there!

I hate incidents like this, it really made my p I s s boil and ended up colouring my whole day.

Just how do people end up being this type of complete thug and have such a level of arrogance!!?

Probably just dumped a load of rubbish in the lane and was making a quick exit.

Every time you venture out on to the roads you encounter some of these tw@ts. I was even knocked off my motorcycle some years back and was seriously injured as a result. In the Summer months I like to go cycling for exercise (I can see Mick cringe now) but some drivers are appalling when it comes to cyclists (as some are to horse riders), I have had beer cans thrown at me and even been spat at from a passing vehicle. Plus all the verbal abuse and threats of violence! I ride on my own, so not even part of a group spread across the road. There’s a young bloke lives down the road from me, drives like an idiot, loud exhaust; sadly, they’re everywhere.

Mickd1961, the situation you found yourself in is only too common. As someone who lives out in the country i see this on a regular basis. You try and warn other drivers of a possible problem ahead and you often receive a rude gesture. Sadly it is often mature drivers who really should know better.

I'm sure there are plenty of bad drivers in towns and cities, but certainly, living and driving in more rural areas I do seem to see quite a lot of it. This ranges from either driving far too fast for the conditions or far too slow, not putting lights on even in fog, keeping rear fog-lamps on when the drivers behind can clearly see you or just being a generally discourteous road user.

Don't get me wrong, when I spent a few years on the road as a relief manager I just wanted to get from A to B as quickly as possible and so had a rather heavy right foot so have not been a complete innocent myself, but I have never behaved like some of the t wats I see on the roads. Makes you wonder whether they are like this just when they get behind a wheel or whether they behave like this generally.

Just read a story on ****ter WM Police arresting a bloke for drunk/disqual driving a couple of weeks ago - Been to Court and "dealt with" Fast foward to last Saturday Guess what Same bloke - Same offence
    The Police must wonder why they bother !!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    On Sunday I was out for my exercise down my local country lane, one part of it is a very steep hill with a pretty sharp “S” bend in it.

I knew that about 30-40 yards behind me were three girls in their late t e e n s on horseback who were slowly plodding up the hill.

I heard a car coming towards us and because I was further around this “S” bend I was able to see this flat bed truck arriving at great speed.

I put my arm out quickly and motioned for the driver to slow down, I had a feeling of impending doom.

The driver responded by giving me a dose of the V’s and then a second or so later I could hear him screeching to a halt as he came upon not only these girls on horseback but also a Range Rover Sport that was respectfully driving slowly behind these girls.

The truck driver was stuck, there was no way through because the road was so narrow at that point.

The one girl shouted and asked him what the Hell he thought he was doing in driving like that and he swore at her, so fair play to these girls, they really laid into him and called him every “ f u c k I n g w a n k e r “ they could lay their tongues to.

This arrogant fool just kept shouting at them.....”can’t hear you, can’t hear you” before eventually roaring off with his wheels spinning!

This incident is for me a microcosm of what’s wrong with many in society today.

All I’d initially tried to do was do the guy a favour to stop him hurting himself and others potentially and yet all I get is the V’s being violently being flicked at me.

Not only that, when he does almost cause a catastrophe there’s absolutely no contrition, not the hint of an apology.......all he does is continue to act like a t w a t and make out that it’s everyone else who’s in the wrong just for having the audacity to be there!

I hate incidents like this, it really made my p I s s boil and ended up colouring my whole day.

Just how do people end up being this type of complete thug and have such a level of arrogance!!?

Difficult but best to ignore it! There are too many now with knives and guns in their cars and the risk is not worth taking. I was once threatened with a claw hammer by a drugged up scouse w anker because I dared to toot my horn because he didn’t move when the lights turned green. You don’t know who you are dealing with!!

Ignorant selfish w@nker$ who think they have the right to the road and fk anyone else who gets in the way. They would think differently if the boot was on the other foot, it's scary down country roads running, walking or cycling and you get a close pass.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)