+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City charged with breaking financial rules by Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We'd be on our own so we'd get in the Champions league as well
    there would be 19 other teams in the league, just depends on how far down the football pyramid they need to come from

What about them knocking us out of the FA Cup?

We need compo. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What about them knocking us out of the FA Cup?

We need compo. ��
    Well in 2001-02 we lost 2-1 to them at their place with a dodgy handball goal and drew 1-1 with them at Millmoor.

By 2019 we were losing 7-0 to them in the cup.

Something irregular must have happened during those years which points towards the 2008 takeover by the Arabs.

I rest my case m'lud!

It's a funny one is this for me personally ,
    I'd always had the utmost respect for the City diehards who rocked up to the tune of 30k even when they were in league one .

What it must be like as a City fan trying to live and work along side Utd fans in those days I can only speculate , somewhere between hell and abysmal perhaps given the year City won the league one play off final United won the treble .

To see them for the past 10 years sticking it up United is a source of joy , those 30k City fans have earned it .

Have they cheated ? , probably .

Do they deserve to be severely punished ? , absolutely .

You can't take away the last 10 years and their trophies off them mind .

It can also be argued that they have invested heavily into the local area and players like Foden and Lewis have benefitted from the academy set up.
    No one seems to mind Newcastle and Wrexham doing the same thing.
    It is a much better way of running a football club than running up debts and signing players that they cannot afford in the long run. Both Sheffield clubs, Reading, Birmingham are all guilty of living beyond their means and others make themselves a few quid from parachute payments.
    Giving Mancini parallel contracts is ridiculous but not as ridiculous as spending 160 million on sacking managers like Everton have.

I know I am whataboutrying but no other business can harvest as much debt or reap financial reward for failure.

City have done neither.

Lord Panic has been appointed to defend them.
    Seems appropriate somehow 🤔

If found guilty the severity of any sanctions will be directly linked to the quality and quantity of legal resources available to both sides.
    Bearing this in mind I think City won't be too worried

If the FA do get brave then I suspect City will just launch an appeal and make a huge counter claim for loss of earnings and reputation.
    This will effectively be a threat and at that point the FA are likely to back down and dilute any punishment

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If found guilty the severity of any sanctions will be directly linked to the quality and quantity of legal resources available to both sides.
    Bearing this in mind I think City won't be too worried

If the FA do get brave then I suspect City will just launch an appeal and make a huge counter claim for loss of earnings and reputation.
    This will effectively be a threat and at that point the FA are likely to back down and dilute any punishment
    Lord Panic represented them in their case against UEFA and he won that so I think you're probably right, they'll be pretty confident about their legal resources.
    Money always talks in the end.

What a corrupt game football has become.Money,Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    What a corrupt game football has become.Money,Money.
    Makes for great songs though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast