+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Was that Victors brother who played for Leeds United on wing, he was called Albert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Albert was South African, always used to argue who was the fastest Albert or Don Weston.He would be in his eighties if he was still living.
    You know why I put the dark glasses now Lol Morgan, I wondered how long it would take for my little
    trick to get a answer, Albert Johanneson [spelt different to Victors], sadly passed away.

I think over the years we`ve more than our fair share of great goalies,and a few crap ones....I would put Viktor in the top 3 ever for me.
    And all this boll8cks about him too short,if a keeper is 6 foot 5 it doesn`t make them any better,some of the better keepers of all time have been around 6 foot,so can we finally put that one to bed,you know who you are.
    The fact that Vickers is probably as good,means that we are in a golden era for custodians,long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    You know why I put the dark glasses now Lol Morgan, I wondered how long it would take for my little
    trick to get a answer, Albert Johanneson [spelt different to Victors], sadly passed away.
    Yes Viktors names spelt different too ELK. Could be a big bid in the next transfer window for the lad.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 06-02-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I think over the years we`ve more than our fair share of great goalies,and a few crap ones....I would put Viktor in the top 3 ever for me.
    And all this boll8cks about him too short,if a keeper is 6 foot 5 it doesn`t make them any better,some of the better keepers of all time have been around 6 foot,so can we finally put that one to bed,you know who you are.
    The fact that Vickers is probably as good,means that we are in a golden era for custodians,long may it continue.
    Is it figure any coincidence to Blackman being 6'5"?

Victor was dodgy as hell on coming for crosses, but someone has sorted him out good style. Woggy maybe?

Didn't we pick him up from Leicester after they released him?

I was just joking with gru about that.

How long have you been watching the Millers mate,he’s good but not in my top three.

It’s not bollox to some though is it being short, some clubs won’t sign them

One of our academy goalkeepers was told to carry on with his education in case he didn’t make because of his height

What about Lee Camp and Paddy Kenny, oh and Steve Cherry, not the tallest.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s not bollox to some though is it being short, some clubs won’t sign them

One of our academy goalkeepers was told to carry on with his education in case he didn’t make because of his height
    If true , then that's wrong unless he was 5 foot 7.
    I am/was a goalkeeper, being six foot four/five doesn't make you any better than someone who is 6 foot,in fact I would argue that the slightly shorter keeper is quicker,more agile, and because of their extea speed,a bit braver.
    I'm not saying all really tall keepers are crap,that obviously isn't true, but this obsession with goalies being giants is mad.
    In answer to LOL,i think it was,the 1970's is when I started watching the Millers, and I have always been more interested in the goalkeeper than probably any other position, due to me being one,and in my opinion, Viktor is up there with the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast