+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manager??

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Don't remember who that manager was brain is ****ed lol But if Ange comes he will be remembered like Viduka and he was ok and lasted a while and also came from Celtic.
    Jock Stein, came after Jimmy Armfield, left after 44 days to go manage Scotland

How is Tuchel available? He did very well at Chelski. I just assumed someone had hired him by now.

He is a thoroughly unlikeable personality but very sharp football coach. He could likely do wonders with the talent on this squad. we do have at least mid table talent.

I seem to recall another Leeds coach that has a stand named after him at ER that was the same.

I think Joel's correct. we'll end us with some second rate coach from some non FA club.

It's called a challenge and Ange loves one plus would be an upgrade on the appointments he has had.
    My point is that he will get offers from higher up the ladder than Leeds if he keeps doing what he is, and holds out longer!

If they go for Frankie, I’m gonna have to send the ‘lads’ over!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    How is Tuchel available? He did very well at Chelski. I just assumed someone had hired him by now.

He is a thoroughly unlikeable personality but very sharp football coach. He could likely do wonders with the talent on this squad. we do have at least mid table talent.

I seem to recall another Leeds coach that has a stand named after him at ER that was the same.

I think Joel's correct. we'll end us with some second rate coach from some non FA club.
    Tuchel, Spaldy.

Pro's -Throughout his career as a first team manager Tuchel has been an advocate of engineered conflict.

He likes to create complex problems for his players to solve & detests players who cannot think on their feet. In this respect he seeks to set himself apart from the likes of Klopp & Pep who are consistently systematic in their approach & prefer to 'micromanage every aspect of the buildup play'.

His overall vision was to have a tight squad of motivated, mouldable, receptive individuals who would facilitate 'his' vision.

Did well in France & cleared out the older 'champagne-charlies' of PSG but increasingly became at logger heads with the owners policies of chosen mega €€€€'s replacements.

Prior to his time at Chelsea when at PSG & Borussia Dortmund he boasted an impressive win percentages of 75% and 63% respectively.

Con's - Both at PSG & Chelsea he fell out over both clubs policies of recruiting players without the final nod from him - not sure he's an Orta type but he'll like the gritty northerner expectancy attitude.😀

Has allegedly been touted to replace Moyes at West Ham recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Tuchel, Spaldy.

Pro's -Throughout his career as a first team manager Tuchel has been an advocate of engineered conflict.

He likes to create complex problems for his players to solve & detests players who cannot think on their feet. In this respect he seeks to set himself apart from the likes of Klopp & Pep who are consistently systematic in their approach & prefer to 'micromanage every aspect of the buildup play'.

His overall vision was to have a tight squad of motivated, mouldable, receptive individuals who would facilitate 'his' vision.

Did well in France & cleared out the older 'champagne-charlies' of PSG but increasingly became at logger heads with the owners policies of chosen mega €€€€'s replacements.

Prior to his time at Chelsea when at PSG & Borussia Dortmund he boasted an impressive win percentages of 75% and 63% respectively.

Con's - Both at PSG & Chelsea he fell out over both clubs policies of recruiting players without the final nod from him - not sure he's an Orta type but he'll like the gritty northerner expectancy attitude.��

Has allegedly been touted to replace Moyes at West Ham recently.
    Take the "Pro's" above and you'd like to think that any coach with that attitude would be suitable, given that the players must be desperate for a coach who sets problems and expects them to think, unlike Marsch, who doesn't appear to have been able to define anything, and depended on the players own innate ability to deal with the chaos he thought was a strategy. We don't have the time to bring a manager in who can do the "micro-managing" you mention. The "tight squad of motivated, mouldable, receptive individuals", sounds very Bielsa-like, which many of the mature players would probably welcome.

I can't see us spending new mega amounts given recent spending, so presumably any new coach will have to "make do and mend" which might also lend itself to his way of coaching.

As I say, any coach doing those things has to be a huge step in the right direction (and PLEASE, no more playing Struijk as a LB unless we intend to completely demoralise the poor guy!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    My point is that he will get offers from higher up the ladder than Leeds if he keeps doing what he is, and holds out longer!
    If he can't get a job at Leeds he won't get any top clubs. If he comes here and proves what he can do then the world would be his oyster.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Would love Bielsa back but no chance given what happened - Poch would be excellent.
    Hey Hopey, I hear Allan Clarke has still got his 70s adidas tracksuit, would you take him back as player manager again ?. 🤭
    Seriously though, surely it won't be either Lampard or Gerard will it.

If he can't get a job at Leeds he won't get any top clubs. If he comes here and proves what he can do then the world would be his oyster.
    As a fellow Aussie, I would be delighted to have him at Leeds. Would it be his best career move?...I have some real doubts. And has nothing to do with whether he can get the job here, as he it touted on their possibles, so they must think him good enough to do the job. It is more whether he is convinced it will be best for him in the long term. It may not be the stepping stone you think if he fails to keep us up with a squad already struggling. Is it worth the risk? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    As a fellow Aussie, I would be delighted to have him at Leeds. Would it be his best career move?...I have some real doubts. And has nothing to do with whether he can get the job here, as he it touted on their possibles, so they must think him good enough to do the job. It is more whether he is convinced it will be best for him in the long term. It may not be the stepping stone you think if he fails to keep us up with a squad already struggling. Is it worth the risk? ��
    They risked this fake manager so what can go wrong lol

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)