+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manager??

I think Garrard is the next best choice after Dysche given the situation we are in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I think Garrard is the next best choice after Dysche given the situation we are in right now.
    I guess Paul Heckingbottom will be unavailable as he looks like he will take Sheffield United up to the Premier league.
    I think Roberto Mancini might be available. He is very good at making sure the defence is organized.

Gerrard? Yes just what we need, a failed manager at another PL team. he lost the dressing room and they improved since he left

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Done very well"???? Sacked from his first managerial position at Larnaca, that giant of European football, didn't get a contract extension at Mirandes (who they??), and finally got some kind of success getting promotion with Vallecano. And this is the height of our ambition in;

A. Acquiring a coach/manager who can help avoid relegation, and;

B. Having said coach/manager act with the (new?) board to ensure that we don't resume relegation battles in seasons to come

Really?

For reasons that might become clear in the dim distant future, we took a punt on Jesse James, we have no time for doing so again. Proven, successful experience in the PL, almost without caring what style of football is the incomers favourite, is the single most important criteria. Without it, we will probably be spending a LONG time wishing why we ignored (recent) past history.
    My top 2 would be Poch and then Kompany but neither is in the offing.

If those that are being linked Iraola looks potentially the best. He is young, plays a style that suits our squad and won promotion to the Spanish top division and is flirting with the top 4. Did quite well in the Copa Del Ray too.

If we are going to go for young, up and coming he looks a good bet but there are no guarantees.

Not sure about Corboran. Ex a Celtic managers don’t always do well south of the border - look at Stevie G

Sweet Jesus and Mother of God why would you want him (I'm guessing you mean Gerrard) at Leeds? Replace one failure with another, and one that hasn't the same excuse as Marsch in that he didn't know what he was getting into?

Anyone but, please

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Gerrard? Yes just what we need, a failed manager at another PL team. he lost the dressing room and they improved since he left
    What he said, x2

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    It's called a challenge and Ange loves one plus would be an upgrade on the appointments he has had.
    And taking on the manager job at Celtic was a "challenge", about what, finishing in the top two (again!) in a league that has 12 clubs, who play each other so many times they might as well take up a residents permit for away games, where the top positions have rarely been occupied by any team other than Celtic or Rangers (except for when Rangers were booted out for financial misbehaviour), since 1985!!!!!

Challenge? Yeah, to fail to finish in the top 2!

Certainly would be an upgrade, for him, but as much of a punt on success as Iraola. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And taking on the manager job at Celtic was a "challenge", about what, finishing in the top two (again!) in a league that has 12 clubs, who play each other so many times they might as well take up a residents permit for away games, where the top positions have rarely been occupied by any team other than Celtic or Rangers (except for when Rangers were booted out for financial misbehaviour), since 1985!!!!!

Challenge? Yeah, to fail to finish in the top 2!

Certainly would be an upgrade, for him, but as much of a punt on success as Iraola. No thanks
    No the challenge was to manage in Europe which he has. He has 10 titles plus winning the Asian cup with Australia only title Australia has ever won.
    Went to japan took an average team to the title first season. After leading a bottom dweller here to 2 titles in a row from his first year.
    Some have it some don't. This guy plays a fast attacking style but with superior defensive measures also.
    Anyway been from OZ you guys don't think were good enough or too scared to be shown off
    Ohh and his Greek what can possibly go wrong lol
    Anyway I DON'T TRUST OUR MOB to pick anyone good as that's what were good at.

Ps managing for 30 years 10 of which were managing Australia's under 17s under 21s and senior team. His first managing job was the team he played for and my team. First 2 season we won the title and he got us to the world club championships where fergies millionaires eg Beckham and the rest struggled to beat us 2 nil.

New manager to be announced shortly.....

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)