+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man City

Man City

What’s the betting that they will simply get a slap on the wrist or a fine which will mean nothing to them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

They should be stripped of any titles or cups won.

I don’t want them relegated as this wouldn’t help us!

Don't think any conclusion to this will be reached anytime soon but could open a whole can of worms when it does as a fair few clubs could be similarly accused. Maybe they will "draw a line in the sand" and not pursue historical cases though?

The problem is that with the enormous sums of money involved levels of corruption are almost a given and Fifa itself is far from squeaky clean. Much as I'd like Man City dealt with properly if found guilty and the process extended to others, I doubt very much that this will happen and their very expensive lawyers will probably mean that phild's scenario is the most likely outcome.

Any club spending what they did on Greasy should be sanctioned on principle. Scratch that, the word I was desperately grasping for was sectioned. More money than sense.

Over 100 breaches and constant lying and obfuscation.

Nobody needs Man City.......if they get relegated to League Two it’s no loss.

They need to stand up to these sorts of owners.

They could go out of the football league altogether like what happened to Rangers a few years ago. I won't lose any sleep over them, they stand for everything wrong with the game today.

While I agree, they need to be sanctioned heavily by expelling them and it might then stop all these foreign owners getting their hands on our clubs. However, I somehow don’t think that they will be and that they will get away with it with huge fines which will mean absolutely nothing to them.

Nothing will happen beyond a slap on the wrist. Too much money involved and sadly that’s what talks

Sanctions should work the way that drugs cheats get treated in athletics.

Even if it’s 30 years or more after the event that they find evidence of drugs in your system thou get stripped of your medals.

If City have been cheating since the rag heads took over then they should have every title and medal voided.

It’s the only way to hurt these types of clubs, wipe out their history and make them irrelevant.

If they broke rules they need to be punished but I have read that some of the rules they broke were a bit tedious like the length of the grass FFS. How many clubs will have broken those types of rules?! This is a 'throw it all at them and see what sticks'.

I do think FFP is farcical. What does it actually achieve? To me it just solidifies the power players in football and creates a closed shop. Those who invested heavily before it came into effect could stay big and have no competition. There's only ever been one exception to the fact and that's Leicester, who couldn't sustain what they achieved. Other than that it's taken Arab billions to push Newcastle and City to break the cycle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)