+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marsch Sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Way out of his depth hopey but when you look back at some of those games we lost it was down to some horrendous defending even worse than school boy stuff - feel a bit sorry for him in that respect cos the last thing you need is gifting goals away especially when your in the sh1t,
    There have been a few games this season where we have been by far the better side but shot ourselves in the foot!

Players need a b0ll0cking as well.
    Don’t think the players have that much blame - tactics, player selection and subs were all woeful at times

Wobber cb Pat LB says it all

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Don’t think the players have that much blame - tactics, player selection and subs were all woeful at times
    Agree with the tactics,player selection and subs but some of those defensive errors that lead to us conceding were truly dreadful...as a manager you surely expect your players to at least get the basics right?

Hmmmn to some extent but a proper LB would probably not have got caught out and given away the foul Struijk did - not his fault as he is a CB forced to play LB against a quick and tricky winger.

Playing Harrison in CAM - wtf!

Taking off Sinisterra and moving Gnonto to the right wing - 👀

Compressing the pitch so tightly it makes it easier to park the bus when countering …

Relying on chaos (he has said that repeatedly) to create chances - unpredictable at best

Not picking form players

You get the picture - just so far short of what was needed.

The basic choice and quality of passing particularly late on yesterday was woeful, players must take some responsibility, even when you think the manager is a buffoon.

Bamford calling out his tactics on MOTD2 probably helped get rid....

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Was thinking the same.

I really don't understand the current timing at all, unless his replacement was also somehow included in the loop in terms of the transfer window activity and coaching staff recruitment.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...
    I too wonder this.
    Shirley the recent incommings were bought by someone, who knew that if the next few results went wrong, the manager would have to go.
    And what must the recent signings think now, when they’ve been here only 2 minutes, and the manager that they came to join, has been despatched into the sunset.
    Or were they bought with a change of manager in mind?
    Is the truth out there?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    The basic choice and quality of passing particularly late on yesterday was woeful, players must take some responsibility, even when you think the manager is a buffoon.

Bamford calling out his tactics on MOTD2 probably helped get rid....
    Partly tactics of needing to pass it into the middle section of the pitch and if in doubt pump it towards the penalty spot - look it up on you tube and you will find him trying to explain it.

If Batty was in the squad he would probably have sneered, laughed and then told Jesse to stop taking the p I s s

For me, it really was a stark game of two halves and the response by each manager to what was happening on the pitch.

First half, we pretty much had their number when attacking down our left flank (i'll ignore the defending of the same!) with their midfield diamond and flat back four no match for Gnonto in particular.

Had we converted the two very clear chances we created and, at a stretch, the foul by Struijk that ultimately led to their goal been nullified by an offside call before the foul (or we'd taken the opportunity to mark Johnson at the edge of the box!), then we could've gone in 2-0 up.

A good half for us by all metrics bar the circumstances surrounding the conceding of the goal. Similarly, a poor half by Forest, only made acceptable because they went in 1-0 up.

Clearly, Cooper saw that his team was performing poorly and selectively changed his personnel, switching to a back five and a more conventional four across the middle at half time.

This did the job in restricting our previous successes down the left hand side and, well, we didn't adjust and show enough guile to break through their "parked bus" strategy and cause any undue trouble for Navas (who, it has to be said, is an awesome acquisition for Forest).

So, a bad half for us and an acceptable performance by Forest in defending a 1-0 lead without showing any real need to get out of first gear.

That's what I thought I saw, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Partly tactics of needing to pass it into the middle section of the pitch and if in doubt pump it towards the penalty spot - look it up on you tube and you will find him trying to explain it.

If Batty was in the squad he would probably have sneered, laughed and then told Jesse to stop taking the p I s s
    What about the passing directly to their players consistently late on, dont even think that was in JM's gamelan. Looked like players with no
    confidence, they're professional players who earn a fair bit of money whoever is the manager and whatever tactics they are following. The 2nd half performance reminded me of the toxic Villa team of a few years back. I've never heard a player (Bumfluff) call out his manager's tactics on MOTD before, surprised it wasn't discussed on here by anyone before the sacking today. Bumfluff was back to his ineffective best not impressed with his performance or interview.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)