+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsching on Together

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He won two promotions and kept a small town team like Burnley in the PL for six years on next to no money, and you say he is not a clever manager ? I would say he's the cleverest manager I've ever known, and I've been watching football since the 50s.

But as you say UG, it's just opinions, you have yours, I have mine, we'll just have to differ.
    Hmm time will prove one of us correct. He admits himself ( I have just literally watched him being interviewed for over 1 hour ) that he isn't a pep. That's what I would call a clever manager.
    Like Owen Coyle did really well for us again he was not a clever manager, just one who relied on team spirit. Same as Harry Redknapp. Just popular with the players but again not a clever manager.

It is about opinions and I do understand yours and why you see it like that. I presume 9/10 people will agree with you as well. I am not daft. I just can't see him that way, I really can't.

Like I say in 12 months time, let's revisit this thread. I will happily hold my hands up, it has to be 12 months though. Lets see what football style he gets out of them.
    (if he's still there )

He won two promotions and kept a small town team like Burnley in the PL for six years on next to no money, and you say he is not a clever manager ? I would say he's the cleverest manager I've ever known, and I've been watching football since the 50s.

But as you say UG, it's just opinions, you have yours, I have mine, we'll just have to differ.
    Bloody hell mon ami, this is about the third or fourth thing we have agreed on in under a week. What's the number of my bloody counsellor?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell mon ami, this is about the third or fourth thing we have agreed on in under a week. What's the number of my bloody counsellor?
    Why does it not surpise me to find out you have one mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Hmm time will prove one of us correct. He admits himself ( I have just literally watched him being interviewed for over 1 hour ) that he isn't a pep. That's what I would call a clever manager.
    Like Owen Coyle did really well for us again he was not a clever manager, just one who relied on team spirit. Same as Harry Redknapp. Just popular with the players but again not a clever manager.

It is about opinions and I do understand yours and why you see it like that. I presume 9/10 people will agree with you as well. I am not daft. I just can't see him that way, I really can't.

Like I say in 12 months time, let's revisit this thread. I will happily hold my hands up, it has to be 12 months though. Lets see what football style he gets out of them.
    (if he's still there )

I get both sides of this coin UG but you are more purist in that you want good football and BT for example just wants results.

In Sean’s case (we owe him everything) as he created the infrastructure, belief and platform to elevate Burnley Fc.

However after playing expansive football we sold our assets and didn’t enter into the rollercoaster that is Premier league , now there are several ways of looking at it , ie we were debt free owed nothing and looked financially secure ( money in the bank ) , but our failure to invest and gamble was depleting the squad they we’re aging and becoming less competitive , the direct knock on for the manager is he has to adapt and try win games with limited resources.

So I enjoyed Dyche but the last 2/3 seasons it became laborious driving home depressing chat and football which in truth was just a defending masterclass really 20% possession and hoping for corners and set pieces( attack and defence j) in the real world for 90 mins.

So he’s at Everton and he’s I believe a great motivator who will keep them up based on the footballing facts , they have strength and quality all over the pitch- like a jigsaw he’ll find a way of piecing them together and I believe they’ll flourish under his tenure - if they invest he could establish himself very nicely at Everton ( incidentally they’re a club similar to Us , the fans are the same and Dyche will tap into that 12th man scenario for definite.

As for us under VK I’m happier ( I accept it’s EFL not Premiership) at the moment anyway but I believe if we go up games will be like now entertaining and exciting, and we’ll be welcoming the best footballers in the world to turf moor again .

Personally I’m looking forward to that and how we fare in the big boys league - I have a strange feeling that investment will come from Pace to keep us elevated in the Premier league - the Yanks are all about Brand and Style, VK will bring that when he has us competitive in the best league in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I get both sides of this coin UG but you are more purist in that you want good football and BT for example just wants results.

In Sean’s case (we owe him everything) as he created the infrastructure, belief and platform to elevate Burnley Fc.

However after playing expansive football we sold our assets and didn’t enter into the rollercoaster that is Premier league , now there are several ways of looking at it , ie we were debt free owed nothing and looked financially secure ( money in the bank ) , but our failure to invest and gamble was depleting the squad they we’re aging and becoming less competitive , the direct knock on for the manager is he has to adapt and try win games with limited resources.

So I enjoyed Dyche but the last 2/3 seasons it became laborious driving home depressing chat and football which in truth was just a defending masterclass really 20% possession and hoping for corners and set pieces( attack and defence j) in the real world for 90 mins.

So he’s at Everton and he’s I believe a great motivator who will keep them up based on the footballing facts , they have strength and quality all over the pitch- like a jigsaw he’ll find a way of piecing them together and I believe they’ll flourish under his tenure - if they invest he could establish himself very nicely at Everton ( incidentally they’re a club similar to Us , the fans are the same and Dyche will tap into that 12th man scenario for definite.

As for us under VK I’m happier ( I accept it’s EFL not Premiership) at the moment anyway but I believe if we go up games will be like now entertaining and exciting, and we’ll be welcoming the best footballers in the world to turf moor again .

Personally I’m looking forward to that and how we fare in the big boys league - I have a strange feeling that investment will come from Pace to keep us elevated in the Premier league - the Yanks are all about Brand and Style, VK will bring that when he has us competitive in the best league in the world.
    I have this gut wrenching, horrible feeling that VK will be in charge at City very soon army88.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

I pretty much do not disagree with any of that. He is a motivator like I have said, this is what I think will wear off. Better players won't be fooled by that. I don't think they want to be doing bleep tests every day neither. I think the higher you go, the more you need about you. In 12 months we will see where we are at. He's won his first game at Everton. As did Lampard and I am sure Rafa won 4 from his first 5.

Lets see

Why does it not surpise me to find out you have one mon ami.
    Four divorces and a suicide in the immediate family, and contending with you on a daily basis is enough to turn a man to drink, never mind therapy mon ami.

I pretty much do not disagree with any of that. He is a motivator like I have said, this is what I think will wear off. Better players won't be fooled by that. I don't think they want to be doing bleep tests every day neither. I think the higher you go, the more you need about you. In 12 months we will see where we are at. He's won his first game at Everton. As did Lampard and I am sure Rafa won 4 from his first 5.

Lets see
    Everton need a long term consistent manager, SD might just be the man they have needed for a long time.

Lets see
    Interesting comment about the bleep tests UG, it plays into the narrative that Dyche is all about effort, sweat on the shirt etc, and never mind about playing football. One of his mantras when he arrived at Burnley was 'minimum requirement is maximum effort' but are there any managers or coaches that don't require this ? There was an interview with Kieran Trippier a couple of months after his transfer to Spurs, he was asked what he had found different at Tottenham, his answer surprised me, it might surprise you as well, 'The training is harder at Tottenham'. Makes you think doesn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Four divorces and a suicide in the immediate family, and contending with you on a daily basis is enough to turn a man to drink, never mind therapy mon ami.
    Serious question mon ami, does the counselling help ? And I don't mean with coping with me, I'm certain my nonsense is the least of your concerns.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)