+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The missing woman?

The missing woman?

What do you think happened to her?

I usually go for the husband but that’s very clearly not the case with this poor lady.

Police seem to have been incredibly inept so far.......within a day there were complete strangers all over the bench her phone was found at abs the river search has been farcical.

Yesterday a private company started a proper search with better equipment on a free of charge basis.

I thought the lead female inspector was hopelessly out of her depth when I saw her being interviewed......some of our police top brass are incredibly useless these days.

A really strange case though, if her body doesn’t wash up this could remain a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What do you think happened to her?

I usually go for the husband but that’s very clearly not the case with this poor lady.

Police seem to have been incredibly inept so far.......within a day there were complete strangers all over the bench her phone was found at abs the river search has been farcical.

Yesterday a private company started a proper search with better equipment on a free of charge basis.

I thought the lead female inspector was hopelessly out of her depth when I saw her being interviewed......some of our police top brass are incredibly useless these days.

A really strange case though, if her body doesn’t wash up this could remain a mystery.

Sadly I think the poor woman has slipped into the river but surely there would be signs of a person slipping on the embankment. My heart goes out to those two little children. So sad.

The river she fell in isn’t exactly the tidal Severn or Humber, her body wouldn’t have gone far, something not right about all of this..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    The river she fell in isn’t exactly the tidal Severn or Humber, her body wouldn’t have gone far, something not right about all of this..
    Tend to agree. They do say that the river is quite deep but the search has been extensive and so far, nothing. If she had fallen in surely she would have cried for help and with it being quite a well trodden path someone would have heard the cries, As you say, something not quite right.

I find it odd that her dog was completely dry. I know what my dog would do if I went into the water! Several aspects of this just don't add up
    Last edited by Epsombaggie; 07-02-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Two weeks missing as of today.

The more I watch stuff about this the more I find the police investigation to be an inept farce.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Two weeks missing as of today.

The more I watch stuff about this the more I find the police investigation to be an inept farce.

Totally agree Mick! The bench was not even sealed off FFS! Wouldn’t expect her to be alive wherever she is.

Certainly seems from the reports I have read that the Police have been quite inept in some aspects of their investigation-particularly in their failure to secure the forensic integrity of the area around the bench which may have caused them to lose ***** clues.

Even so, something seems "off" about the whole thing. It appears that she is not in the body of water close by but it remains logically possible that she was still carried further seaward by the tide and I think they are extending the search further up the river this way now. Apparently some fella had said his brother had fallen into the same stretch of river 40 odd years ago following an accident and the body was found several weeks later near the sea.

Seems ever more likely to me though that she left the area by another route not covered by cctv though whether she was co-erced into this or not is a moot question. Leaving the mobile phone still linked to the team talk on the bench seems odd. Just hope they find her soon. It's obviously completely devastating for her family and friends.

And what is wrong with the word " v ital"?🤔

At first I did think that it was all a bit strange and didn’t really add up. However, I now feel that unfortunately she probably has drowned and that she has been swept downstream towards the estuary. Hopefully, I’m wrong and she will be found alive but it isn’t looking good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)