+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar interview

We spent the whole of January sending our recruitment team to poundland with 50p to spend! Cheers lads! Wonderful work!

As I understand it we didn't have any money to spend so we didn't.

Ok TTT, so why didn’t Ashgar or Ogren not just come out and tell us that?

Quote Originally Posted by tckeay83 View Post
    Ok TTT, so why didn’t Ashgar or Ogren not just come out and tell us that?
    That's a fair question but I have no idea. If I'm speculating I'd say maybe because the fans don't want to hear it? Or it puts the club a bad negotiating position if anyone were to make moves for one of our players? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's a fair question but I have no idea. If I'm speculating I'd say maybe because the fans don't want to hear it? Or it puts the club a bad negotiating position if anyone were to make moves for one of our players? Who knows.
    The best way to treat your fans is to be honest with them.

I would rather that than a load of empty soundbites spewed out from the club to give us false expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    He basically admitted the recruitment team have wasted the whole window chasing unrealistic targets and didn't even end up wi' the sweepings off the floor.

On top of the Neilson fiasco, we know that this recruitment team is not fit for purpose. I get that Mark Ogren thinks Tony Ashgar's farts smell like roses, but he should surely recognise that his role (should he even have one) needs redefined.

It would also be a bit more respectful to the fans if they stopped trying to feed us utter BS about their 'models', 'strategic objectives', 'succession planning' etc. It's maybe fooling some walloper from the US of A, but it's no' fooling me. It's absolute nonsense management-speak that bears no semblance to the reality of ****show that has happened at DUFC over the last year.
    Is Mark Ogren on gardening leave along with Jack Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Harkes been one of our best players too this year so extension seems right in hindsight.
    Sorry what? are you actually being serious????

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    The best way to treat your fans is to be honest with them.

I would rather that than a load of empty soundbites spewed out from the club to give us false expectations.
    FWIW, I tend to agree but there are things it wouldn't make sense to make public. Doing so may detriment the club.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Sorry what? are you actually being serious????
    One of our best players is probably stretching things but we are missing him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As I understand it we didn't have any money to spend so we didn't.
    So if we had no money...why did they say we were going to come out of the transfer window stronger? Why did he say in his interview that we were actively trying to get players in? If what you are saying is true and we had no money to buy players...then why not come out at the start of the window and say we are unlikely to be bringing anybody in? Has he lied to the fans to try and get more tickets sold or did he think we would assume Pawlett and the other fringe players were new signings? We were always going to be getting players off the books during the window and must have at least had an idea of what we had left to use for players! The transfer window was a disaster, it has weakened us and the blame lies soley at the feet of the recruitment team and TA! And don't even get me started on the Lewis Nielsen shenanigans! TA is running the club like an episode of the apprentice and the transfer window was a task!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)