+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar interview

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Our support has been magnificent so far this season and was magnificent even with the bed sheet out! The players are being well supported by the fans. That needs to keep happening. I think we are like a married couple heading towards divorce..let's try and keep it nice at the moment for the sake of the kids but as soon as they are old enough...we are going to get things sorted out!

Fans weren't great at certain home games like St J and Well games, on players backs and stuff, games we played ok in and deserved more from but yea generally fans are good especially away from home, it's the home games where it can help the opposition, if there is a toxic element or vibe

We used to be in a relegation battle every year or so from 98-2006 and the fans were brilliant this time of the season where its coming to the crunch

Next two fans, a cup game with no pressure and a very important league game, we need to be united, the fall out should come depending on how things turn out in May

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Fans weren't great at certain home games like St J and Well games, on players backs and stuff, games we played ok in and deserved more from but yea generally fans are good especially away from home, it's the home games where it can help the opposition, if there is a toxic element or vibe

We used to be in a relegation battle every year or so from 98-2006 and the fans were brilliant this time of the season where its coming to the crunch

Next two fans, a cup game with no pressure and a very important league game, we need to be united, the fall out should come depending on how things turn out in May
    The players havnie been great either mate and it does take two to tango.In fact if this current team were as good as the fans supporting them we would be top 6 with an outside chance of a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The players havnie been great either mate and it does take two to tango.In fact if this current team were as good as the fans supporting them we would be top 6 with an outside chance of a trophy.
    spot on. it's awfy difficult when you know the team isnt knocking their pan in

They are though and that's why we have been no worse than most after the initial first 8 games and why we should still feel positive enough about our chances of getting out of danger

Since early October from round 9 onwards this is how each team has done

Celtic p17 w16 d1 l0 gf51 ga14 pts 49 gd +37
    Rangers p17 13 d3 l1 gf38 ga15 pts 42 gd +23
    Hearts p17 w8 d5 l4 gf32 ga23 pts 29 gd +9
    Livingston p16 w6 d5 l5 gf20 ga23 pts 23 gd -3
    Hibernian p17 w6 d2 l9 gf26 ga31 pts 20 gd -5
    Aberdeen p17 w6 d1 l10 gf21 ga36 pts 19 gd - 15
    United p16 w5 d3 l8 gf22 ga21 pts 18 gd +1
    St Mirren p16 w4 d6 l6 gf16 ga24 pts 18 gd -8
    St Johnstone p16 w5 d2 l9 gf19 ga29 pts 17 gd -10
    R County p16 w4 d4 l8 gf16 ga20 pts 16 gd -4
    Kilmarnock p16 w4 d4 l8 gf15 ga27 pts 16 gd -12
    Motherwell p15 w1 d4 l10 gf14 ga27 pts 7 gd - 13

They are though and that's why we have been no worse than most after the initial first 8 games and why we should still feel positive enough about our chances of getting out of danger

Since early October from round 9 onwards this is how each team has done

Celtic p17 w16 d1 l0 gf51 ga14 pts 49 gd +37
    Rangers p17 13 d3 l1 gf38 ga15 pts 42 gd +23
    Hearts p17 w8 d5 l4 gf32 ga23 pts 29 gd +9
    Livingston p16 w6 d5 l5 gf20 ga23 pts 23 gd -3
    Hibernian p17 w6 d2 l9 gf26 ga31 pts 20 gd -5
    Aberdeen p17 w6 d1 l10 gf21 ga36 pts 19 gd - 15
    United p16 w5 d3 l8 gf22 ga21 pts 18 gd +1
    St Mirren p16 w4 d6 l6 gf16 ga24 pts 18 gd -8
    St Johnstone p16 w5 d2 l9 gf19 ga29 pts 17 gd -10
    R County p16 w4 d4 l8 gf16 ga20 pts 16 gd -4
    Kilmarnock p16 w4 d4 l8 gf15 ga27 pts 16 gd -12
    Motherwell p15 w1 d4 l10 gf14 ga27 pts 7 gd - 13
    I am sorry for having a go we have won 5 games all season, you can every stat in creation. but fact is we are still bottom league, and anyone that thinks Fox is the answer, i want some what there having... its just a comment, i would not worry about it, i don't know nothing anyway, i talk a lot p1ss ..so sorry for my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    I am sorry for having a go we have won 5 games all season, you can every stat in creation. but fact is we are still bottom league, and anyone that thinks Fox is the answer, i want some what there having... its just a comment, i would not worry about it, i don't know nothing anyway, i talk a lot p1ss ..so sorry for my comment.

Yes you do, bizarre take lol

His so called bizarre take is that we've won 5 games all season and we're bottom. With 2 stats he's destroyed your 3000

Put your i-pad away, look at the table, look back at our transfer window and read the room.
    Of course the support will moan when we cant beat Well and St J, 2 teams who according to your stats have been more sh!te than us since Oct.
    For sure the most damaging was the Killie result, another that fit your stats, win that and we swop places, draw and we are level with them and above 2 others. In a game of such significance, no desire shown which p!sses off any support.
    2 winnable games next you say but we are without our captain and Behich, 2 that are more likely to show a bit of desire out of the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Put your i-pad away, look at the table, look back at our transfer window and read the room.
    Of course the support will moan when we cant beat Well and St J, 2 teams who according to your stats have been more sh!te than us since Oct.
    For sure the most damaging was the Killie result, another that fit your stats, win that and we swop places, draw and we are level with them and above 2 others. In a game of such significance, no desire shown which p!sses off any support.
    2 winnable games next you say but we are without our captain and Behich, 2 that are more likely to show a bit of desire out of the current team.
    I don't agree with the gist is what shedka is getting at but you can't really take that recent Killie result as any sort of indicator. It was a sore one and I was as pissed off as anyone but their home record says it was always very likely. Better teams than us have had real trouble there and we all know why.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I don't agree with the gist is what shedka is getting at but you can't really take that recent Killie result as any sort of indicator. It was a sore one and I was as pissed off as anyone but their home record says it was always very likely. Better teams than us have had real trouble there and we all know why.
    I think its the actual performance at Rugby Park that's knocked the stuffing out of a lot of fans.Add to that we are back on the bottom,an awful transfer window,Tony blethering shyte,players going down like flies,players suspended.players on compassionate leave,a forward going to a rival,a head coach who has only ever achieved failure on his CV,it all adds up to the perfect storm unfortunately.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)