+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar interview

Asghar interview

Shared by United on their twitter page from DUTV

Pish and wind springs to mind but i'll let you lads make your own minds up

https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/s...Czxcbs4oUtAAAA

Well he has come out and given a statement. IMO, a lot of excuses and didn't take much responsibility. Worrying that we appear to have a recruitment team that are trying to get players in that we can't afford...so we just end up with no one! Other teams in this league have successfully brought decent players in with a much lower budget...so I don't buy this for one second. Surely this highlights that our recruitment team are not capable of doing their job! This is a massive red flag!

States that we have got the AGM meeting coming up, so fans will get a chance to ask questions then. I think the AGM will be a shouting match but I think it's needed!

One thing that I do agree with is, the club needs unity at the moment..until such a time as we are either safe or relegated. We have to put survival ahead of anything else at the moment!

Our problems seem to lie completely at the feet of TA and his recruitment team and regardless of how this season plays out...that must be remembered when this season ends!

At the DUSF AGM both TA and MO refused point blank to answer any questions about Lewis Neilson. Can't really see the AGM changing much.

When asked about the Fox appointment he said it's because of succession planning, but a few weeks earlier there was no succession planning when they brought Jack Ross in.

Which is it Tony?

I agree. For me Fox should have got the job when TC left then you could argue succession. The way it panned it though, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Well he has come out and given a statement. IMO, a lot of excuses and didn't take much responsibility. Worrying that we appear to have a recruitment team that are trying to get players in that we can't afford...so we just end up with no one! Other teams in this league have successfully brought decent players in with a much lower budget...so I don't buy this for one second. Surely this highlights that our recruitment team are not capable of doing their job! This is a massive red flag!

States that we have got the AGM meeting coming up, so fans will get a chance to ask questions then. I think the AGM will be a shouting match but I think it's needed!

One thing that I do agree with is, the club needs unity at the moment..until such a time as we are either safe or relegated. We have to put survival ahead of anything else at the moment!

Our problems seem to lie completely at the feet of TA and his recruitment team and regardless of how this season plays out...that must be remembered when this season ends!
    Agree with most of the above.
    Firstly credit to Tony for doing an interview, which we have been asking for. But I don’t think he has answered very well the questions about a car crash of “transfer” window.
    If they are looking at recruitment all the time, for example since last September why were we scrabbling about the last few days/hours of the window and panic buying an untried 19 old defender from Huddersfield?
    Other teams managed to bring in 5/6/7 players and I would have been happy with 2/3 players in key positions that we needed.

Also for the AGM, is it just shareholders or can fans go? Thanks.

The recent decisions by him/the club have been such a disaster that there was no way he could come out of any interview looking good.

TBF at least he did the interview but doesn't change from the fact some of his decisions have been the type that should put his job security under serious threat. Only a complete dereliction of duty by Ogren keeps him here much longer.

He basically admitted the recruitment team have wasted the whole window chasing unrealistic targets and didn't even end up wi' the sweepings off the floor.

On top of the Neilson fiasco, we know that this recruitment team is not fit for purpose. I get that Mark Ogren thinks Tony Ashgar's farts smell like roses, but he should surely recognise that his role (should he even have one) needs redefined.

It would also be a bit more respectful to the fans if they stopped trying to feed us utter BS about their 'models', 'strategic objectives', 'succession planning' etc. It's maybe fooling some walloper from the US of A, but it's no' fooling me. It's absolute nonsense management-speak that bears no semblance to the reality of ****show that has happened at DUFC over the last year.

There's isn't anything he can say as people have made their mind up and he is the devil incarnate for some

Personally don't really know what he has done specifically that is so bad, he has made mistakes no doubt but the hate he gets is crazy

Hopefully fans concentrate on backing the team and not focus on him so much for now, we are good enough to get out the position we are in

We asked for a statement. We got what we asked for. It did however spend 8 minutes not really saying anything. Will not achieve anything, but not sure what we expected to be honest.

There have been recruitment successes too (Fletcher, Sibbald, Behich, Birighitti!!). Harkes been one of our best players too this year so extension seems right in hindsight. Some that promised more than they have ultimately delivered so far (McGrath, Levitt, Watt til he left), but not many arguments from me about who has been brought in. Who knows what Anaku, Cudjoe etc. will bring in the long run.
    Undoubtedly were lacking in one or two areas after summer and that meant January was really important. January was a failure though. Even worse now compounded by multiple injuries.

We won't get details on decision making. Watt decision will split the crowd. Everyone will agree that a failure to strengthen in January has left us weaker though. I still believe strong enough, and hope I am not mistaken

Wish Asghar had taken more ownership of the January failings though. Have never been totally on board with the Asghar criticism but the interview has lowered my opinion. Kind of condescending in how he came across. I do worry about Summer window now as that is of huge importance to our club.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)