+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell out

Bell out

Times up for Bell can we please have a football manager no more Kiddie coaches please.

Not surprising, but a bit of an over-reaction to a couple of defeats.
    A loss to Grimsby who beat Luton....4th in the Championship last night in the cup, and a loss to Leighton Orient, who look like they are running away with the League 2 title.
    I'm not sure about Belly, but talk of relegation is unrealistic and premature.
    He needs more time...and maybe a bit of SUPPORT before he is condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    A loss to Grimsby who beat Luton....4th in the Championship last night in the cup, and a loss to Leighton Orient, who look like they are running away with the League 2 title.
    Unfortunately it is not the way of a good few Crewe fans to support managers. When Artell was sacked, many wanted someone from outside and because that didn't happen their nature is to go for the man at the helm and say he isn't good enough etc. It may be true, but if memory serves, Artell didn;t set the place on fire straight away. They need time and obviously it is ***** we don't drop out of the league but to criticise every performance (and for the record, last night against Orient was much better than Saturday against Grimsby) and individual players gets a bit tiresome and is counter productive,

I fully understand that Bell has been left with a cr*p hand to play, albeit he has had dealings to different degrees in the last two transfer windows. However the nature of our latest two defeats is quite alarming and nothing has changed from the previous regimes as I can see. I am starting to come down on the side of thinking that we are badly in need of some fresh, outside of the club, ideas.

No support from me he was the wrong choice as was Morris kiddie coaches that is all they are, Grant lied about Bells appointment he was the best candidate bull**** he was the cheapest full stop end I don’t just want the management team gone I want Grant out as well this regime is going to take the club out of the football league they have caused yet another abject season where we will be lucky to survive although I have a feeling we will go down we look absolutely awful and the teams below us are starting to pick up points. We have been crying out for a quality manager for a number of years but what do we get the next Reaseheath crèche clown.

Although another defeat, last night's performance was much better than against Grimsby. On a different day, Nevitt could have had a couple of goals. Defending was poor and a common denominator is Luke Offord, I'm afraid. Put young Connor back in alongside Rod and see how we go. No idea whether Beadle is up to it or not, so can't make a decision. Until we've seen him, neither can anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Although another defeat, last night's performance was much better than against Grimsby. On a different day, Nevitt could have had a couple of goals. Defending was poor and a common denominator is Luke Offord, I'm afraid. Put young Connor back in alongside Rod and see how we go. No idea whether Beadle is up to it or not, so can't make a decision. Until we've seen him, neither can anyone else.
    It is true, Offord was poor on Saturday at full back, better when moved to centre half. Last night he was sound for the first hour but a few mistakes (that could have been costly, but weren't) crept in and he probably should have been subbed on 75 for O' Riordan. It was better overall last night and as you say, on another night Nevitt could have had a couple of goals. It was noticable that any lose clearances by them seemed to work out nicely for them. There were a couple of times when the ball, on another night, might have dropped for one of our players instead of theirs. Funny how Lady Luck sides with the teams at the top!
    The need for CBR to return to action is getting more apparent each match!

It’s the manner of the defeats that’s alarming we look a very poor team no structure, no creativity, no fight, and very little ability on show I’ve said this before they look like a bunch of strangers having a kick around. The management team are poor with no experience of football league management is it any wonder we are struggling.

The current management team are going through exactly the same process as Dave Artell a few years ago. It's called learning on the job because that's the sort of club we are. Dave got it right for a period after a very difficult first 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    The current management team are going through exactly the same process as Dave Artell a few years ago. It's called learning on the job because that's the sort of club we are. Dave got it right for a period after a very difficult first 18 months.
    Wow, someone with a balanced and sensible view. Ban him immediately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast