+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonights Game

Tonights Game

Back from watching tonights game. My first thoughts are that the referee was incompetent. He allowed IT to waste enourmous amounts of time. It was my first proper look at Twine and Foster and I have to say the jury is out on both of them but it is early days. By far the best player was Nathan Tella he was the only forward who always looked dangerous and proved his point with two goals. However, in general the passing was too slow and and too many misplaced passes. Many mispasses were down to Charlie Taylor he didn't look interested.

Ipswich brought with them a deliberate spoiling game. Feigning injuries, stopping play, unbelievable timewasting not checked by what lancaster100 called an incompetent referee, but what I would call bloody awful and totally clueless.

Foster looks an awful acquisition, I cannot for the life in me see what he brings to the party. A P45 for Bastien is now an imperative, he is hopeless in the extreme.

Immediately VK brought on Ash, Cullen and JBG the game changed, quality wins over ugly everyday of the week.

We were denied TWO stonewall penalties, the Ipswich goalkeeper jumped under no pressure, fell back over the goal line with no Burnley player anywhere near him and the clown with the whistle awarded a goal kick. It was one of the most inept and bizarre refereeing displays I have ever witnessed and that is really saying something.

However much money it takes to buy Tella, spend it Alan, he'd be worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Ipswich brought with them a deliberate spoiling game. Feigning injuries, stopping play, unbelievable timewasting not checked by what lancaster100 called an incompetent referee, but what I would call bloody awful and totally clueless.

Foster looks an awful acquisition, I cannot for the life in me see what he brings to the party. A P45 for Bastien is now an imperative, he is hopeless in the extreme.

Immediately VK brought on Ash, Cullen and JBG the game changed, quality wins over ugly everyday of the week.

We were denied TWO stonewall penalties, the Ipswich goalkeeper jumped under no pressure, fell back over the goal line with no Burnley player anywhere near him and the clown with the whistle awarded a goal kick. It was one of the most inept and bizarre refereeing displays I have ever witnessed and that is really saying something.

However much money it takes to buy Tella, spend it Alan, he'd be worth every penny.
    Gentlemen give the players a chance please ?

Twine has been out for several months - Foster has come from a different country - league- pace of game - Bastien doesn’t play but is expected to reach the levels at first time of asking , some of the first signings Zaroury for example didn’t fire straight away .

Bastien is and will be a bit part player - if you cast your minds back not too far we had an awful lot of them in seasons gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Gentlemen give the players a chance please ?

Twine has been out for several months - Foster has come from a different country - league- pace of game - Bastien doesn’t play but is expected to reach the levels at first time of asking , some of the first signings Zaroury for example didn’t fire straight away .

Bastien is and will be a bit part player - if you cast your minds back not too far we had an awful lot of them in seasons gone by.
    I think Twine is the real deal, he's intelligent and good both on and off the ball.

Bastien is a poor footballer, no physicality, poor on the ball and not that great off it.

Foster? WTF?

This is something about footballers I don't understand, I see it watching Burnley and it's the same at Clitheroe. The opposition go in for organised timewasting, they know exactly what they're doing, but unless it's absolutely blatant, the refs, who are all for a quiet life, don't want to know, I've even seen them, quite often, turn their backs on goalkeepers wasting time with goal kicks so they don't see it. What I don't get is why, at the first sign of time wasting, players don't get on the referee's case about it, point it out to him every time, get in his face about it, insist he does something about it, and why aren't managers telling their players to do this ?

Players will waste time, refs for the most part don't want to know, but why are opposition players so accepting of it, if I was a player I'd be on the ref's back, pointing it out right from the first instance. Why they don't I have no idea, don't let lazy refs get away with it.

Scott Twine https://youtu.be/7JKeCqK6hBM

Any one doubting the ability is in need of a few hours with BT's counsellor IMO.
    I know its slower level but when you see a good footballer you see a good footballer. This lads touch is class

Just needs to keep being given opportunities, I would be very upset if he wasn't .

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is something about footballers I don't understand, I see it watching Burnley and it's the same at Clitheroe. The opposition go in for organised timewasting, they know exactly what they're doing, but unless it's absolutely blatant, the refs, who are all for a quiet life, don't want to know, I've even seen them, quite often, turn their backs on goalkeepers wasting time with goal kicks so they don't see it. What I don't get is why, at the first sign of time wasting, players don't get on the referee's case about it, point it out to him every time, get in his face about it, insist he does something about it, and why aren't managers telling their players to do this ?

Players will waste time, refs for the most part don't want to know, but why are opposition players so accepting of it, if I was a player I'd be on the ref's back, pointing it out right from the first instance. Why they don't I have no idea, don't let lazy refs get away with it.
    I said exactly the same last night, Cork was all over this hapless eejit like a skin rash but had to quieten down when he got his usual yellow card.

Brownhill came on got the arm band and was constantly in his ear. I think that's why the eejit ignored a blatant foul by Barnes which led to our winner.

I'm with you all the way on this one sinkov, last night went way beyond farcical.

The way the Tractor Boys speeded things up after our second goal was astonishing, the bloke behind me was calling for a post-match drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Scott Twine https://youtu.be/7JKeCqK6hBM

Any one doubting the ability is in need of a few hours with BT's counsellor IMO.
    I know its slower level but when you see a good footballer you see a good footballer. This lads touch is class

Just needs to keep being given opportunities, I would be very upset if he wasn't .
    Agree with you on the Twine comments U_G, this lad has class written all over him. A few more games and I can genuinely see him becoming an integral part of our team.

He is absolutely a genuine "Number 10" and there aren't many of those about.

Attachment 23459

I said exactly the same last night, Cork was all over this hapless eejit like a skin rash but had to quieten down when he got his usual yellow card.

Brownhill came on got the arm band and was constantly in his ear. I think that's why the eejit ignored a blatant foul by Barnes which led to our winner.

I'm with you all the way on this one sinkov, last night went way beyond farcical.

The way the Tractor Boys speeded things up after our second goal was astonishing, the bloke behind me was calling for a post-match drug test.
    When playing BT , we once had a season where we looked back at all
    Previous games - cards - bookings etc and we came to the conclusion that we didn’t ask for every decision as a team - so from then on we asked the ref for everything but all together and it worked we def got more decisions in unison.

Posted this before we also shared out the bookings / bad tackles to keep us all on the pitch ( midfielder s that is ) spread the bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    When playing BT , we once had a season where we looked back at all
    Previous games - cards - bookings etc and we came to the conclusion that we didn’t ask for every decision as a team - so from then on we asked the ref for everything but all together and it worked we def got more decisions in unison.

Posted this before we also shared out the bookings / bad tackles to keep us all on the pitch ( midfielder s that is ) spread the bookings.
    Who were you playing for Army, what level ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)