+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Man City at home next season

No point in retrospectively taking titles i don't think, how do you deal with the games played in champions league etc since then? How far down the league do they decide they would have gone?

Plus its no celebration for other clubs to be handed them now, and the city fans and players will still always have that moment of celebrating those wins. It will only taint it in other fans eyes, city fans wont care.

Punish them going forward, and i dont subscribe to the idea that it punishes other clubs by relegating them, thats like saying if one of the big clubs had a crap season and finished in the bottom 3 dont relegate them as they will only come back up.

They wont relegate them anyway i doubt, if anything it will be a fine and/ or a lousy points deduction this season that will probably not impact them.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    No point in retrospectively taking titles i don't think, how do you deal with the games played in champions league etc since then? How far down the league do they decide they would have gone?

Plus its no celebration for other clubs to be handed them now, and the city fans and players will still always have that moment of celebrating those wins. It will only taint it in other fans eyes, city fans wont care.

Punish them going forward, and i dont subscribe to the idea that it punishes other clubs by relegating them, thats like saying if one of the big clubs had a crap season and finished in the bottom 3 dont relegate them as they will only come back up.

They wont relegate them anyway i doubt, if anything it will be a fine and/ or a lousy points deduction this season that will probably not impact them.
    Correct. They won't take titles off them etc.
    The fine will make them laugh.
    Points? Minor inconvinience.

A transfer ban for say 5 years? Yep that would hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Correct. They won't take titles off them etc.
    The fine will make them laugh.
    Points? Minor inconvinience.

A transfer ban for say 5 years? Yep that would hurt them.
    And relegation to League 2, yes it would a lot as their big players would all leave. At least make it 2 years,

Why stop at League 2? And would the EFL even accept them? I recall when the Scotch PL ejected Rangers it was uncertain if they would be accepted in their equivalent of League 2, although eventually they did. Are Citeh's "crimes" (alleged) any less than Rangers?

But its all fantasy, the top few teams control everything and pay lip service to the rules. Chelsea have spent half a billion on players in the last year or so, how can that not breach FFP. And for what - mid table mediocrity 😂

The mistake was not letting those teams **** off to a European League when they wanted to, but the loss of revenue to the PL meant they were reined back in.

I see a new version of the Super League has been muted where up to 80 teams participate playing at least 14 games a season but still playing in Domestic Leagues! Quite how 80 teams only play 14 games is beyond me but still keeping them in their own leagues is ****e, get rid I say!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I see a new version of the Super League has been muted where up to 80 teams participate playing at least 14 games a season but still playing in Domestic Leagues! Quite how 80 teams only play 14 games is beyond me but still keeping them in their own leagues is ****e, get rid I say!
    Are you aware of the NFL set up Mac? Maybe that would be what ‘they’ have planned

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Are you aware of the NFL set up Mac? Maybe that would be what ‘they’ have planned
    No, not into NFL. Used to like the Baseball and a bit of Basketball and the odd bit of Ice Hockey but don't bother with these anymore. On the other hand, being an ex golfer, can't get enough of the PGA Tour!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    And relegation to League 2, yes it would a lot as their big players would all leave. At least make it 2 years,
    Can't see it. This is the Premier league. Its all about money and City provide it in buckets.
    Forget Jock land, thats a 2 bob league in comparison.
    Consistancy isn't going to be found here. QPR committed their sins in the Football league. Took ages to get at them in the Prem.

They will buy their way out of this, in fines/ legal fees/ little gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Aye but even then the numbers don't work. NFL has 32 teams and for a wild card team to win the Superbowl they play 21 games (rising to 22 soon) as well as preseason games

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    No, not into NFL. Used to like the Baseball and a bit of Basketball and the odd bit of Ice Hockey but don't bother with these anymore. On the other hand, being an ex golfer, can't get enough of the PGA Tour!
    But not a LIV man I trust.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)