+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Man City at home next season

O/T Man City at home next season

Looks like Citeh have had their fingers in the till. If found ‘guilty’,

1. Are they too big to be given a meaningful punishment? I’d guess even if they were they’d appeal it to death

2. If it was relegation would we want them anyway? All it would do would be reduce available promotion places by 1

Playing lower League football would see their "fans" even more unwilling to attend home matches. They'd be forced to rename their stadium The Emptyhad.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Playing lower League football would see their "fans" even more unwilling to attend home matches. They'd be forced to rename their stadium The Emptyhad.
    They've been there before though.

I remember one funny instance, where a fan tossed his season ticket onto the pitch after another mauling.

3 days later, it re appeared in his letter box, with a note from the stewards.
    " IF WE HAVE TO WATCH THIS **** EVERY WEEK, THEN SO ARE YOU"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Looks like Citeh have had their fingers in the till. If found ‘guilty’,

1. Are they too big to be given a meaningful punishment? I’d guess even if they were they’d appeal it to death

2. If it was relegation would we want them anyway? All it would do would be reduce available promotion places by 1
    They won't get demoted this year, and by the time they do, the mighty Rams will already be in the premiership. This post sponsored by DCFCA.

How long did MM kick the can down the road?
    MCFC are far richer than MM and DCFC. They can easily tie up the league for years and appeal after appeal.
    This has fine writen all over it, a slap on the wrist and lets never mention this horrible subject again.
    (masonic handshake)

They will get away with it like last time.

Item 2 is the problem with these things, why should another club be punished for city's crimes.
    I'd suggest transfer embargo and wage limit on loans is probably best as it won't kill the club and doesn't negatively impact other clubs. It would be easy to look at our treatment and wish the same on others, but I don't believe that's the way to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Item 2 is the problem with these things, why should another club be punished for city's crimes.
    I'd suggest transfer embargo and wage limit on loans is probably best as it won't kill the club and doesn't negatively impact other clubs. It would be easy to look at our treatment and wish the same on others, but I don't believe that's the way to be.
    Agree on the last point, there was a lot of ‘what about QPR’ etc last year, I didn’t agree, their business was theirs but didn’t mitigate our ‘crimes’

I fully expect City to hire a bunch of clever lawyers and tie the PL in knots. They appealed the last sanction to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and won on a technicality.

Fines and relegation for the charges if proven would be appropriate. Anything else is letting them off the hook, the titles they ahve won during those years should also be struck out.

Frankly I wish the big 6 or 8 would sod off into a european league and be booted out of the prem.

QPR I believe paid in the region of £40 million fine, but should also have been deducted pts - sanctions should be applied consistently.

QPR are, I believe, still paying off that £40M at about 3M to 4M a year (IIRC).

If Citeh's titles were taken off them and given to the runner up, they would be shared equally between MU and 'Pool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)