+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Roly. Yes I do remember the old leisure centre and visited it but never really lingered in that area. Budget is not that tight but looking for a largish 4BR with garage/workshop potential. All areas of SY being considered.
    If budget is decent prob keep looking. Send em to rawmish!

People are generally moving away from the town centre into new builds in Orgreave (Waverley) and Manvers (just avoid the Holiday Inn in Manvers).

CAM, know Marlowe Drive well. An old mate of mine' Mother use to live on there. I use to live on Shelley Road many moons ago. Know all the streets around that area as we use to hang out after school at each others houses, Shelley Road, Browning Rd, Tennyson Rd, Burns Drive, Goldsmith Road, yes it a pretty tight compact estate but easily accessible.

Herringthorpe was a very respectful area of Rotherham back in the day, can't really comment on it now as there are, like you stated, some privately owned and some rented properties mixed in. I suppose it's what you can afford and what you get for your money. Marlowe Drive is situated just off Middle Lane South, the local school nearby is Badsley Moor Lane Junior/Infants. There's also a raft of shops on Badsley Moor Lane. I would go as far as to say Herringthorpe is definitely better than Eastwood/East Dene.

The local pub is the The Park (use to be called the Park Hotel) on the Jnc with Badsley Moor Lane/Middle Lane South. Clifton Park which is a nice park, is about half a mile away. You could walk to the town centre through the park or via Badsley Moor Lane to the end where you meet up with the top of Wellgate opposite the Titans Rugby club. Probably take you 30 minutes to get into town.

As well as Clifton Park, there's Herringthorpe playing fields opposite Marlowe Drive. Loads of space for the kids to play. The Comprehensive school the kids would probably follow on to are either St Bernards on Herringthorpe Valley road or Oakwood up near the hospital.

Not sure what it's like where she is at the moment but I suppose Herringthorpe ain't such a bad place to move to. There was a 4 bedroom house up for sale on there, not sure if it is still on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, know Marlowe Drive well. An old mate of mine' Mother use to live on there. I use to live on Shelley Road many moons ago. Know all the streets around that area as we use to hang out after school at each others houses, Shelley Road, Browning Rd, Tennyson Rd, Burns Drive, Goldsmith Road, yes it a pretty tight compact estate but easily accessible.

Herringthorpe was a very respectful area of Rotherham back in the day, can't really comment on it now as there are, like you stated, some privately owned and some rented properties mixed in. I suppose it's what you can afford and what you get for your money. Marlowe Drive is situated just off Middle Lane South, the local school nearby is Badsley Moor Lane Junior/Infants. There's also a raft of shops on Badsley Moor Lane. I would go as far as to say Herringthorpe is definitely better than Eastwood/East Dene.

The local pub is the The Park (use to be called the Park Hotel) on the Jnc with Badsley Moor Lane/Middle Lane South. Clifton Park which is a nice park, is about half a mile away. You could walk to the town centre through the park or via Badsley Moor Lane to the end where you meet up with the top of Wellgate opposite the Titans Rugby club. Probably take you 30 minutes to get into town.

As well as Clifton Park, there's Herringthorpe playing fields opposite Marlowe Drive. Loads of space for the kids to play. The Comprehensive school the kids would probably follow on to are either St Bernards on Herringthorpe Valley road or Oakwood up near the hospital.

Not sure what it's like where she is at the moment but I suppose Herringthorpe ain't such a bad place to move to. There was a 4 bedroom house up for sale on there, not sure if it is still on the market.
    Thanks Brin. Sounds very similar to the estate I was brought up on in Rawmarsh. I guess the $64,000 question is would I want to pay upwards of 200K to live there?

Done the loft out OK, and a sauna to boot.

Try Swinton, South Yorkshire.

Marlow drive is ok cam. I can imagine most of the property are now privately owned as the right to buy scheme made them very affordable
    I lived on Longfellow drive from 1980 to 87. Then Moved to Sheffield. My parents now live on broom avenue which is spitting distance away.
    It's just off a main bus route and access to Clifton park is a bonus as in the summer it's a full days entertainment for kids.
    Local Junior schools are ok. Comp school wise i would avoid Clifton as it's central to the rough areas and can be like Beirut at time's..

A few nice pubs in walking distance.
    Park, tabard, homestead and stag..

As a rating. If 1 is a dump end of Rotherham and 10 is the posh end. I would stick Marlow drive as a 5.5 nudging a 6

Thanks Brin. Sounds very similar to the estate I was brought up on in Rawmarsh. I guess the $64,000 question is would I want to pay upwards of 200K to live there?
    Daughter lived on Shelley drive up to two years ago, Iwas relieved when she moved away ! Lots of nice people still live there but there is also plenty of bad eggs also !

200k no

I've seen the house cam. It's a nice house but Tbh there's no way I would pay 230k plus for that area.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast