+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

O/T Need Madsters Help

My daughter is thinking of moving to Herringthorpe and it's not an area I'm familiar with. House is between Herringthorpe Valley Road and the Herringthorpe Playing Fields, in fact just one street off the playing fields. I know others on here are from that area so would value your opinion. It seems to border on a couple of areas I've seen mentioned on here in a not too great a light (East Dene/Eastwood) so wondered if that's a problem. In pictures it looks like an older, well established estate probably now a mix of private and council houses and most seem to be well maintained.

Thoughts?

Give it a look up and down on street view

Is she buying or renting?
    Last edited by howdydoo; 08-02-2023 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Give it a look up and down on street view

Is she buying or renting?
    Yes I've done that and she's visited the area to see for herself. Buying.

Which road cam?

Not awful but depends what she can afford. Would I want my daughter living there if I had one? Like Cayton says prob need a road name . Where does she live now? Also is she a single woman?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-02-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Marlowe Drive. Family of 5. 3 kids under 8. Currently living in Dodworth which despite rumours in actual fact is quite a nice village.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-02-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Its not bad Cam, my Mum was actually born on there, like you say its a council estate but a lot of bought on there.What I will say is its very clise to some quite dodgy areas but then again I suppose where isnt.

Not heard of the road before but on checking its nearer decent areas than rough uns. Also I think schools not too bad up there. Certainly close to playing fields for kids to let off some steam. Also i think schools are decent round there but please double check. Would I want a daughter of mine to live there with a young family? If budget is tight go for it...

I dont know if you knew the old herringthorpe leisure centre cam but it is more or less across road from t he old car park there and a couple
    of hundred yds down the road and in the estate a bit.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-02-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not heard of the road before but on checking its nearer decent areas than rough uns. Also I think schools not too bad up there. Certainly close to playing fields for kids to let off some steam. Also i think schools are decent round there but please double check. Would I want a daughter of mine to live there with a young family? If budget is tight go for it...

I dont know if you knew the old herringthorpe leisure centre cam but it is more or less across road from t he old car park there and a couple
    of hundred yds down the road and in the estate a bit.
    Thanks Roly. Yes I do remember the old leisure centre and visited it but never really lingered in that area. Budget is not that tight but looking for a largish 4BR with garage/workshop potential. All areas of SY being considered.

East Herringthorpe (And East Dene) always used to be the bad parts round there.

Check the crime map, you can zoom in.

https://www.police.uk/pu/your-area/s.../?tab=CrimeMap

And the bordering area:

https://www.police.uk/pu/your-area/s.../?tab=crimemap
    Last edited by great_fire; 08-02-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast