+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wiles back in April????

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Alternative view to some -
    Offer Ben Wiles a decent new contract & allow his agent to include a ' buy out clause' / ' release clause' at a certain figure.
    If he comes back fitter & stronger it's win- win for both club & player.
    Don't forget Coventry & Quina will more than likely going back to their parent clubs & will need replacing in the summer.
    Ben & his agent will decide what's best for him.
    Fosu will likely leave also, having made himself look very attractive to clubs with bigger wallets than ours :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Fosu will likely leave also, having made himself look very attractive to clubs with bigger wallets than ours :-(
    That's the downside of bringing a loan player in.
    He puts himself in ' the shop window'. - it's a two way deal though - if the loan players help us survive it's a win - win for both club & players.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ben finally decides to sign another contract depending on the terms & conditions.
    Because he signs a new contract doesn't mean he can't go to a more high profile club at a later date.
    Hopefully Ben comes back stronger - first major injury for him so he will have had a difficult time recuperating.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Long way to go but back on grass
    Name:  9A30D199-13FF-4048-AFF6-41AB904FE17D.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  18.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    .....tag on the extra year and sell him, not been really missed yet as he?
    this has to be a joke, not been missed, unbelieveable statement. Best footballer on our books by a mile, he can play with both feet, him and rathbone have been the engine room for our midfield, he can score a goal and makes them for others, directly or indirectly. His runs create space for others and turn defenders, add to that he can play in at least 4 or 5 positions. A fully fit Wiles would be like a new signing for the team and add some passion and natural talent, something we have lacked in recent weeks

Tbf I think wiles is a bit Marmite.
    My dad thinks he's a waste of a shirt. I think he's a part of the cog we need. We don't have a SIM style player to him. His energy levels are unbelievable. He is one of the players who compliment our press..
    Some moan he was never subbed by warne even when he was having a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Tbf I think wiles is a bit Marmite.
    My dad thinks he's a waste of a shirt. I think he's a part of the cog we need. We don't have a SIM style player to him. His energy levels are unbelievable. He is one of the players who compliment our press..
    Some moan he was never subbed by warne even when he was having a bad game.
    we are no different than other fans we never appreciate what we have until it has gone. There were many on heare that thought, vaulks, Arnie, Debershire were crap, oh to have those 3 at their peak at the moment. Burnley who are top of the league and with a manager felt to be destined for bigger things wanted him i suggest that your dad might not be the best judge of a footballer as he thinks

The midfield 3 of Wiles,Barlaser and Rathbone was one of my highlights in time watching the Millers.
    But yeah...he's crap.

Ogbene also misses him. Chieo isn’t the same player without BW’s work rate. Forward runs and ability to create angles and arrive late in the box.

Having Rathbone back and then Wiles will be a major boost to us in the closing matches and Quina hopefully appearing, we will be in a much stronger position.Let's hope there are no more injuries and the internationals coming back are ready to play for us this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    The midfield 3 of Wiles,Barlaser and Rathbone was one of my highlights in time watching the Millers.
    But yeah...he's crap.
    Not all good though m8. Last time all 3 played together was December, Bristol at home. I recall us being pretty cr ap that day

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast