+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wiles back in April????

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wiles is a good player with the potential to do better if coached correctly

A reliable performer at Championship level and definitely better than league 1
    I’ve moaned about him but I also believe he could do a lot better and hopefully that’s with us for another season at least

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve moaned about him but I also believe he could do a lot better and hopefully that’s with us for another season at least
    Let’s be honest here, the previous manager did him no favours by overplaying him, putting him in positions unsuited to him and generally running him into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    no he is being abusive and to be honest it isn't the first time, he needs to pack it in and the admins should have a word. This is a football discussion group and there is no need for him to behave that way, not a very nice person at all.
    TBH Derby you didn't need to jump in and insult Cayton's Dad's footballing wisdom the way you did. Cayton already said he thought BW was an exceptional player and just used his Dad's opinion to exemplify why Ben is marmite, loved by some, disliked by others. You yourself I believe have a similar opinion about Lee Peltier and can't seem to find anything good in his play whilst others find him quite acceptable. In reference to one poster's comment about selling BW you consider it a joke? Is that any more of joke than your suggestion when Peltier scored the own goal against Stoke that he 'did it on purpose'. Seriously? I didn't see you give a similar suggestion around Richard Wood's calamity that resulted in Stoke's first goal that day. But then again you like Richard Wood!

Having said all that, can you two please behave

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    No you can't make that assumption because I'm telling you you fkin can't. Or would you prefer I say you’re making the wrong fkin assumption. Cok. Or again would you prefer fkin cok?
    You’ve embarrassed yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    TBH Derby you didn't need to jump in and insult Cayton's Dad's footballing wisdom the way you did. Cayton already said he thought BW was an exceptional player and just used his Dad's opinion to exemplify why Ben is marmite, loved by some, disliked by others. You yourself I believe have a similar opinion about Lee Peltier and can't seem to find anything good in his play whilst others find him quite acceptable. In reference to one poster's comment about selling BW you consider it a joke? Is that any more of joke than your suggestion when Peltier scored the own goal against Stoke that he 'did it on purpose'. Seriously? I didn't see you give a similar suggestion around Richard Wood's calamity that resulted in Stoke's first goal that day. But then again you like Richard Wood!

But Derby isn’t abusing him, cayton also abused him on another thread.
    I take it it’s diffrukes depending who you are@.
    It’s understandable why some don’t post much anymore.

That’s me not getting involved, knew I should’ve have signed in

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Let’s be honest here, the previous manager did him no favours by overplaying him, putting him in positions unsuited to him and generally running him into the ground.

There was a few times we probably didn’t have any other player to fill a position but yes I agree it didn’t help Wiles
    Hopefully that’s all behind him and he can step up when he’s back

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But Derby isn’t abusing him, cayton also abused him on another thread.
    I take it it’s diffrukes depending who you are@.
    It’s understandable why some don’t post much anymore.

That’s me not getting involved, knew I should’ve have signed in
    I am happy to leave caytonmillers posts alone, in fact i can't even see his posts anymore, he is a rude person and I only come here to discuss Rotherham United. CAMiller I didn't abuse his father footballing wisdom, I questioned the validity of his assessment of Wiles as "not deserving a shirt", that is only based on his sons comment. I pointed out that other people in football clearly rate Wiles and perhaps their opinion helps rebuke the assessment that he "doesn't deserve a shirt"

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

I do not rate peltier at all, when he plays CB I think we are a worse team. However I know others rate him and that is fine. Regarding that incident with the own goal, I reported what I saw on the stream, he showed no remorse or anxiety over what had happened, he walked away laughing. I don't think that is an appropriate reaction from such an experiebced player. Regarding Wood, let us clear this up. I do not think Wood is the answer, I think he is part of the answer. I think he brings the experience that MT brought Morrison in for. I think Wood has been a great player for us and with all he has done for the club I think he deserves a little more respect and thanks from all concerned. I would have Wood in at CB over Peltier any day of the week. Now all of that is based on the little knowledge I have about what has gone on at the club behind close doors, so if I knew the facts I might have a different opinion, I am only posting my opinion about a situation at Rotherham United, I thought that was what this board was for.

Our defence will make it more difficult to stop up. Signing Morrison was too big a risk. Bailey Wright not for me. Peltier not a 1st choice defender at right back let's see what Kioso can do. We need Rathbone back to press more to take pressure off the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Our defence will make it more difficult to stop up. Signing Morrison was too big a risk. Bailey Wright not for me. Peltier not a 1st choice defender at right back let's see what Kioso can do. We need Rathbone back to press more to take pressure off the defence.
    Let’s see what Kioso can do would suggest that you being a form man in a load of nonsense.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast