+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Burt Bacherach

I often still listen to that ep Pete and that track is great,what a voice Lorraine has,she ought to take up lead vocals more often than she does,Raintown is a classic album that's never out of my cd player

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Watch the programme Chalky.

Yoonited is right.

Great draft beers and only £70 for bed and what looks like a fabulous breakfast.

Go there, get pissed, stay the night, fill your boots with a full English and probably see red squirrels as well. What's not to like?

Sounds like another one to add to your bucket list.
    I couldn't watch it because it's only through the app and the app wouldn't let me register,it's not just All4 but all apps,it always says that I don't live where I live or my date of birth is wrong

You know what,I am tempted in visiting there,I usually choose somewhere near a pub so that I can just lock up the car and explore the local area doing what I want but I'm open to the thought of looking round and parking up the night in a pub and settling down with a few pints

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    You should come and have a weekend up here Chalky, you're sure to see red squirrels, plus it's not far to go over the border into Scotland and do some wild haggis spotting.
    I've just had another look and you're right it's right next to the Scottish border,are you and howoldboy SURE that there's red squirrels there though,it wouldn't be the reason to stay at the pub but it would make my trip if I saw one but there's probably more chance of seeing the wild haggis than there is of me spoting a red squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I often still listen to that ep Pete and that track is great,what a voice Lorraine has,she ought to take up lead vocals more often than she does,Raintown is a classic album that's never out of my cd player
    Best on the ep in my opinion and agree she didn't take the lead vocals often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Best on the ep in my opinion and agree she didn't take the lead vocals often enough.
    She didn't even make the A side of a four track ep Pete,she should be having a word in Ricky's ear about it when they got home

Taking about Deacon Blue it suddenly occurred to me that I sent off for a free ep from a newspaper (Express)? back in the day and I'm pretty sure that I never got the bleeder,too late to email them now I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    You should come and have a weekend up here Chalky, you're sure to see red squirrels, plus it's not far to go over the border into Scotland and do some wild haggis spotting.
    I've looked around the reviews and it's got an excellent rating,it's definitely gone on my bucket list for the next time that I'm in Cumbria or heading/leaving Scotland

Great to see Deacon Blue on this morning on .. erm,This Morning doing a live version of Dignity,what's even better is that there will be a new box set out soon,yes!

Roll on September,can't wait 😎

If you sign up for the Official Deacon Blue Store mailing list Pete you get automatically entered into a competition to win a tambourine signed by Lorraine McIntosh,your bragging rights would be off the scale to me 😆

Sorry, when I opened this I naturally assumed that Burt had popped his clogs. Again. Imagine my embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Sorry, when I opened this I naturally assumed that Burt had popped his clogs. Again. Imagine my embarrassment.
    He had five months ago when the thread was started but it's progressed somewhat since then,do you like Deacon Blue griff?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)