+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread Barnsley v Derby Feb 25th 2023

So continuing the theme of opponents' nicknames, we come to Barnsley, aka the Tykes (Colliers or Reds).

A Tyke is defined as a "crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement".

I think we need go no further on this one.

Although Reds and Colliers seem strangely appropriate for the birthplace of Arthur Scargill.

5th v 6th. 1 point behind us but with a game in hand. You could be forgiven for thinking it will be tight. Our 2-1 win in the League was a game in which they probably deserved a point. The 3-0 win in t Cup cloud easily have been 5 or 6. We're on a hattrick of wins against them this season.

1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    5th v 6th. 1 point behind us but with a game in hand. You could be forgiven for thinking it will be tight. Our 2-1 win in the League was a game in which they probably deserved a point. The 3-0 win in t Cup cloud easily have been 5 or 6. We're on a hattrick of wins against them this season.

1-2.
    We might easily have thrown that home match away, MA. They battered us in the second half of a match which needed drink breaks and was played in about 30 odd degree heat as I recall.
    Not sure how close they were to full strength in the Cup, but it was pretty easy and I anticipate it being a lot harder on Saturday.
    At full strength and illness free I’m going for 2-2...or with a little luck and much better finishing than last Saturday...2-3.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up playing them four or five times this season.
    Enjoy your trip...after the cost of flights and ‘corporate’ etc you deserve to.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Enjoy your trip...after the cost of flights and ‘corporate’ etc you deserve to.
    Thanks. The cost will be helped if Visa refund the Flymaybe tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So continuing the theme of opponents' nicknames, we come to Barnsley, aka the Tykes (Colliers or Reds).

A Tyke is defined as a "crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement".

I think we need go no further on this one.

Although Reds and Colliers seem strangely appropriate for the birthplace of Arthur Scargill.
    Or the Tyke might be a canine

Matchday! I don't think I predicted, so going to say 0-1 smash and grab for the rams, 91st minute winner.

This will be a different game to the cup tie. I see a very tight game, 1-1 draw for me, but hope for a win which would be nice.

I think 2 2

They will be going at it from the first second so we need to be ready for the early assault! It'll be a day for grinding out a result, I'll happily take a 1 - 1!

Rubbish 1st half.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)