+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creepy Crawley

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Cheers Gazan.
    Agree with you that LB made a good tactical switch at HT - switching to a back 3.
    Perhaps Offord in a back 3 is the best option at this point-in-time.
    Wonder who will play RWB on Tuesday ...
    If Mellor is still injured, I take it Rio will switch to RWB and Uwakwe willgo LWB. Alternatively we may see Tabiner make a return on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    If Mellor is still injured, I take it Rio will switch to RWB and Uwakwe willgo LWB. Alternatively we may see Tabiner make a return on the right.
    Until yesterday I would have agreed with that, but Uwakwe was awful at left back. Previous week, Offord was terrible at right back! Who'd be a manager eh?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Until yesterday I would have agreed with that, but Uwakwe was awful at left back. Previous week, Offord was terrible at right back! Who'd be a manager eh?
    Most people would choose to be a football manager because its generally well paid for actually not a lot of work. Its very handsome the higher up you get as it guarantees being a millionaire even if you fail. Lots of PL managers are very poor but very wealthy as they keep getting jobs on the merry go round.

Now, we have to remember that we are a league lower than last season and lying 19th in the bottom league and to all intents that is a failing business model and needs addressing but how...That is the question? The finances of each club dictate the quality of the player. The academy can be a success and also a failure. We have not had a decent transfer fee for donkeys years and most graduates are strugging even at our level. The Chairman and the BoD should be having a weekly meeting to see what needs changing and how much money that will save and cost. Managers should NOT be playing or signing players that are not much good but maybe they have to, on the money we pay or can afford?

Anyone should ask two basic questions and I have asked the club what does the academy cost the club in pounds, shillings and pence and still have not had an answer. Why not? Are they embarrassed to tell us its costing a huge amount or its not costing much? Its appalling they won't answer this simple question and will not hold a conference to explain to the fans what the hell is going on here and why has there not been resignations by now. A successful academy 20 years ago or ten years ago does not mean you have to pay what? A million pounds PER season when its failing like it has been? Most clubs in the lower leagues even with gates 4 times our size doesn't have a Cat2 academy? Why not if they are the bees knees? Answers are needed when we are losing heavily to clubs that have just been promoted from the National League. How long can this go on for? Over to the die hard fans to explain?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 12-02-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Uwakwe had a terrible game but had no support down that side. I was suggesting LWB where he would be pushed further forward and would have a left-sided CB to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Uwakwe had a terrible game but had no support down that side. I was suggesting LWB where he would be pushed further forward and would have a left-sided CB to support him.
    It may work if we played 3 at the back tbf, but we are running out of defenders. If its Rod, Connor and Luke as a 3, Uwakwe at LWB, not sure who plays RWB. Too much to expect Tabs to do it, I think.

Adebisi. Sometimes he can be quite good on that side, especially when he cuts in onto his left foot. Mind you, he won't get much help from Agyei.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12