+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Crawley

Creepy Crawley

Short and sweet, I'll go for 1-1, I reckon that O'Riodan will start, possibly a change to a back 5, worth ago. Shoutout to anybody that is bothering to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Short and sweet, I'll go for 1-1, I reckon that O'Riodan will start, possibly a change to a back 5, worth ago. Shoutout to anybody that is bothering to go.

Yes hopefully Offord back on the bench I’m going 2-0 Crawley

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Yes hopefully Offord back on the bench I’m going 2-0 Crawley
    Definitely would like to see the O'Riordan/Concrete 'mix' back together...

Definitely don't want Offord at RB, but would not say no to him as a CDM ...

Concerned with Agyei with regards his lack of effort when he doesn't have the ball. Problem is that it affects the whole team.

Ah well, fingers crossed - 1-1, "Nev" !!

Luke Offord without doubt player of the season. In his last 6 appearances now heading for 6 straight losses. And our managers still select him. Wow my vote goes with Wartman

Oh thank goodness. Cheers Dan.

Hell no right at the end.

Went to the game. Am now confessing that I am worried. For the second game running the team was set up wrong. We were keeping it narrow while Crawley overloaded both wings, hence finding loads of space when attacking our defence. However, to give him credit, Bell did change it round and go to a back 3 (which I think we should stick with). The Alex players then went ahead but started playing silly buggers, blatantly wasting time and antagonising the referee. The result - 8 added minutes and nonsensical 2nd yellow. Agyei may have got 2 goals today but I won't be sad to see the back of him come end of season!
    Finnegan a positive and Nevitt is still plugging away.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Went to the game. Am now confessing that I am worried. For the second game running the team was set up wrong. We were keeping it narrow while Crawley overloaded both wings, hence finding loads of space when attacking our defence. However, to give him credit, Bell did change it round and go to a back 3 (which I think we should stick with). The Alex players then went ahead but started playing silly buggers, blatantly wasting time and antagonising the referee. The result - 8 added minutes and nonsensical 2nd yellow. Agyei may have got 2 goals today but I won't be sad to see the back of him come end of season!
    Congrats for going. Just one point though. Lee Bell has had what 20 years a footballer and coach here and yet you knew almost exactly what was needed despite not having one coaching lesson or experience..A guess of course but doesn't this make the point I am always making in that you don't need an academy or a load of coaching badges to see what is needed by amateurs just looking at a game? I mean thousands of football matches are played weekly and most have no managers or coaches and yet they seem to know what tactics to use generally.

The club academy is costing over a million pounds with loads of managers and coaches and yet we are lying 18th in the bottom tier of the football league? If this was a business then the CEO and all the academy would have been sacked by now as a failing business. Maybe a few amateurs could manage better. What experience has this Chairman and BoD have in the football world? The answer seems to be NONE!

Cheers Gazan.
    Agree with you that LB made a good tactical switch at HT - switching to a back 3.
    Perhaps Offord in a back 3 is the best option at this point-in-time.
    Wonder who will play RWB on Tuesday ...

Well done Gazan for attending...all credit to you. At least LB recognised the problem and did something about it. Plenty wouldn't have. I get the feeling that once Nevitt scores he will fly. Him and CBR will be a serious handful.
    Shame we couldn't have hung on for another minute....all would have been much rosier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast