+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wor Flags

Wor Flags

Confirmed today tthat there'll be a huge display at Wembley.

Even better, because of the short amount of time to raise funds and plan/order, etc a new flag, the club have stepped in to help with the funding. Fantastic gesture.

Huge credit should go to Wor Flags because they've galvanised the home support in a way that is far more natural and meaningful than the platsic clappers or whatever or, god forbid, goal music that some other clubs use to try and generate an atmosphere.

https://twitter.com/worflags/status/...134340/photo/1

They`ve done a great job, massive credit to all involved

It's brilliant and really good for the club to get involved to support.

Make Wembly feel like home and Man Utd can run scared.

I read a few Twitter comments from our fans saying they should turn the money down because it goes against the spirit of what they're about.

i mean, everyone's entitled to their opinions an all that, but.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off, man

So if I read it correctly,those fans are against fa/club cooperation. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    So if I read it correctly,those fans are against fa/club cooperation. Unbelievable.
    fan/club

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Aye, they said it should stay entirely fan-funded.

Loads of folk pointed out that Wor Flags had already said the fund-raising timeline was too short.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic gesture by the club and shows the bond between us and the owners we couldn't even dream of under fatso. Would they rather have an inferior display but say 'look at our principles'?

Don't get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, they said it should stay entirely fan-funded.

Loads of folk pointed out that Wor Flags had already said the fund-raising timeline was too short.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic gesture by the club and shows the bond between us and the owners we couldn't even dream of under fatso. Would they rather have an inferior display but say 'look at our principles'?

Don't get it myself.
    The object of the exercise is to create a unique atmosphere for our team… end of . Surely this gesture only goes to cement the owner/fan relationship further,if indeed this is possible. Principles only come into it if there are differences in intentions .Anyway I’m sure those who object are significantly in the minority.

Doing a display for Sir Bobby's Birthday tonight at Liverpool game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)