+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrogate

Harrogate

Lots of people having a weekend in Harrogate, it would seem, myself and my partner included.
    I suspect Agyei will be missing as he was really hobbling about after he went off. Think Tabiner has earned his place and that we should go for 3-5-2 again but who would replace Agyei? Any suggestions on the likely team?

I think you are correct about Agyei, a big icebag strapped to the back of his leg didn't look good. I suspect that he would benefit from a bit of a rest anyway. I see Robertson coming straight back in with Tabiner playing further forwards in a modified formation, surely a blind man can see that Sambou shouldn't get near to the pitch again. Brook looked lively last night when he came on and maybe that is his role as an impact sub. Harrogate is a lovely place to spend a weekend, enjoy.
    If we are doing forecasts I will go with a 2-1 defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Think Tabiner has earned his place and that we should go for 3-5-2 again but who would replace Agyei? Any suggestions on the likely replacement
    Would like to see Holicek given a chance, pity he didn't get a few minutes last night.

I'm keeping tabs on Tabs, he looks good/comfortable on the ball

Going for a 2-2 draw - Holicek+"Nev"

Holicek is going to be a wonderful footballer, I'm sure, but it wouldn't be doing him, or us, any favours by throwing him into the mire at the moment. He isn't ready yet, and needs some game time at a level or two below us. Real shame they couldn't get him out on loan in January.

Fair enough but why then put him on the bench, if he's never going to play? I don't think 20 mins last night would have damaged him or the team. I would imagine watching Sambou getting the opportunity to humiliate himself whilst Holicek kicked his heels on the bench might make Matus wonder about his own worth.

Anyway, once again, I'm going for 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Holicek is going to be a wonderful footballer, I'm sure, but it wouldn't be doing him, or us, any favours by throwing him into the mire at the moment. He isn't ready yet, and needs some game time at a level or two below us. Real shame they couldn't get him out on loan in January.
    With hindsight I think you are right - hopefully he gets a chance in the first team before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Fair enough but why then put him on the bench, if he's never going to play? I don't think 20 mins last night would have damaged him or the team. I would imagine watching Sambou getting the opportunity to humiliate himself whilst Holicek kicked his heels on the bench might make Matus wonder about his own worth.
    Because we have a squad of 23, 5 or 6 out injured or suspended, leaves a matchday 18

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Because we have a squad of 23, 5 or 6 out injured or suspended, leaves a matchday 18
    Exactly. And being on the bench is a gradual introduction to the first team, and the whole match day experience, nerves etc.
    Would never have happened in the olden days obviously

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Exactly. And being on the bench is a gradual introduction to the first team, and the whole match day experience, nerves etc.
    Would never have happened in the olden days obviously
    I think you are confusing me with somebody else! 😉
    And in reply to WBW, again, fair point. But I repeat that the damage/humiliation to Sambou and the effect on team from Bassala's appearance might have been greater than any possible damage to Matus and the team had he played.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast