+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levy sells Joe Lewis' stake to yet more Americans

Levy sells Joe Lewis' stake to yet more Americans

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport...er-bid-4028063

A similar group of Irani/US crooks that train wrecked Everton are wasting £3.5billion on Spurs.

I don't like the idea of more Americans owning top flight clubs as it only points more and more towards Super League votes and all other garbage USA entertainment changes.

We really need to make sure as fans of all the clubs in the league & the government work together to ensure the integrity of the game we love.

What can we do? Is there an organised group bringing this to supporters attention or lobbying government? Your right, we do need to stop this before it goes too far.

I can't see the Prem standing for it. If some depart, and I'm thinking Manure will feel they are the biggest attraction, and say it doesn't work out for them (not thinking of their so called "loyal" supporters) imagine them wanting to return to domestic football and having to start off in Division 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I can't see the Prem standing for it. If some depart, and I'm thinking Manure will feel they are the biggest attraction, and say it doesn't work out for them (not thinking of their so called "loyal" supporters) imagine them wanting to return to domestic football and having to start off in Division 1.
    The prem rules will work against themselves. The democratic voting system means that if enough clubs agree to changing the rules the rules change.

They won't come back if they go. The money behind the venture will attract enough ad revenue & media attention to make it viable. After some years, they will change the format to close the league as first proposed.

The old bait and switch.

I believe there is a task force of fans groups & government. However I know nothing about it.

The latest from Spurs is there not for sale.Money talks though so watch this space.

its getting dangerously close to the 14 team American majority to change the rules.

The PL and government need to act now to stop these yanks sliding in and taking over our game.

If they get the majority of votes, our game is lost forever!

Adverts every throw in and corner, 4 quarters instead of 2 halves, cheerleaders displays, time outs, no relegations etc.

One of their sports has a WORLD SERIES where they are the only ****ers taking part ffs, its the same as rounders but with chewing gum and caps

In fairness, the 'World' in question is the name of the sponsoring newspaper but I was going to make the same points about stoppages for ads, the game in quarters, etc.

So how many American-owned teams are there and what's the deal with 14 teams? What could they do.

Oh, and cheerleaders wouldn't be so bad, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    In fairness, the 'World' in question is the name of the sponsoring newspaper but I was going to make the same points about stoppages for ads, the game in quarters, etc.

So how many American-owned teams are there and what's the deal with 14 teams? What could they do.

Oh, and cheerleaders wouldn't be so bad, would they?

To Change rules in the Prermier league 14 or more teams have to vote in favour of the propoed new rule.

That could see the entire face of our birth right changed legally and without any possible opposition.

This can not be allowed!

It’s a concern. Local supporters will be totally forgotten and be replaced by (half hearted but rich) ‘supporters’ in USA, China, etc.
    The game will be destroyed forever.

While writing this I couldn’t help thinking about what Ashley did to our supporters.

They would definitely bring that 39th game bollocks back, too.

One of the proponents of it last time said-with a straight face-that overseas fans had the right to see their team in their own country.

The right.

Fuck right off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)