+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The future.

The future.

Cambridge needs a club to reflect its present and future, to be a reflection, not of the working class, struggle, no money, failure, but of innovation, progress, newness, stratospheric, god like success.

Like the future Cambridge.

The Abbey, and its contents, in a symbolic way, needs to be dynamited, today.

A new club, needs to be born, monied, intelligent, innovative, with a shirt symbol of microprocessors made of light , of endless energy from the sun, of living car engines, self cleaning, self regulating. Medicines to cure all ills.

Pathetic weak chants of " Amber army", need to be consigned to 1964. Along with Barry, and his demons. He has no money, he is the arthritis, the blocked pipes of the clubs rear end, the itch that cant be scratched.

Go, little one.

Make way for money, big money.

You are in the way.

About 5/6 years ago I can remember you raving about new owners who was going to invest in the club and saying that big things was on the way and big money was being invested into Utd,is that the same owners as the current lot and if not what happened to them?

Barry ditched them, it was probably the Hollywood lot. Ditched for his own enjoyment, and im sure is taking money out all the time.

As for relegation, do you remember going down from div 1 and them from div 2 to NONLEAGUE. Thats how hopeless it is. County had that ex Leeds and England striker, i forget his name, 39 and embarrasing.

In the Cambridge team its Lankester.

Yeah I remember going down into non league because at the start of the season we was joint favourites for promotion,Hardy had put a sh1t load of money into the club but he was a terrible owner who wouldn't keep out of how the players should play,he was the cause of his own downfall and lost about £10m in the short time that he owned Notts,I used to get players on loan from Forest but wasn't quite ready for their first team but could use some game time and it worked out well for both sides but Hardy went onto social media slagging Forest off so you can guess what happened next,the loanes headed to Mansfield
    I was at the last game of the season at Swindon when we dropped into the NL and I couldn't believe it when a big section of Notts fans clapped the team off,f@cking clapped them off for dropping us out of the football league for the first time in our history!
    I would like to say that Cambridge are to good to drop into the NL but then everyone thought that about Notts,don't get stuck down there Frank because its bloody hard to get out,we are heading for 100+ points and we are by no means guaranteed to go up

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)