+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy away match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Will Jim Goodwin be at the Wakefield Rhubarb Rhubarb Festival as I generally found his statements simply unfathomable:- after losing back-to-back games, he often spoke about “putting that right” in the next game; and “that’s the easy bit”, in the context of fixing his leaky defence early on in the season. As for his man-management skills, say no more, as he p***** off far too many. We will be mauled at the weekend, I suspect, as that’s invariably the outcome when we play away from home, no matter who it’s against, as that’s the sad reality with this Aberdeen team. The Rhubarb Festival sounds a better bet.
    Jim Goodwin will be at the Tattiedone cheering on his team…

For any other Dandies at a loss for things to do , due to a lac of Hampden trips and potential lack of Euro games :. Further silky Festival frenzies planned

April. Pontefract Licquirice festival

Easter weekend Evesham. Asparagus festival

Looking further ahead for a Perry drinkfest and the ...hmmm we'look see ?!!

In as usual. No idea why. It's just what I do. The least i'm hoping for is some fighting spirit and not just rolling over.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Fire away Sneck !!!
    The first, and perhaps obvious, question is what the fu ck is a rhubarb festival?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The first, and perhaps obvious, question is what the fu ck is a rhubarb festival?
    Bar being fine and easy to grow, the only other useless info I have about rhubard is that Wakfield is the rhubard capital of the world and apparently produces the worlds best rhubard. I suppose every town, city or place needs a claim to fame, so why not rhubard.

I'm sure NTD will give a better explanation that what I have.

Oot

Daviot parsnip parade

3-3

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Bar being fine and easy to grow, the only other useless info I have about rhubard is that Wakfield is the rhubard capital of the world and apparently produces the worlds best rhubard. I suppose every town, city or place needs a claim to fame, so why not rhubard.

Ha !! You should google " Rhubarb Triangle ". It`s an area centred around Wakefield where " Forced Rhubarb " is hgrown is special sheds .
    It`s a method of keeping the plants in the dark, to force them to grow at a superquick rate , searching for the light that should have come when the young plant breaks through the earth and reaches the Sunlight.

You get a " Champagne " Rhubarb from this method, which is a lighter fresher and zingy type compared to the big clumpy things grown on an allotment ?

Sounds magic, eh ? The Festival isn`t a big thing really. A few stalls selling Rhubarb jam etc scattered around the Cathedral Precint, in th centre of town. BUT, there are a few Wine Bars and Pubs selling Rhubarb beer. ( Aye, nae Tetleys these days !!. Taylors Landlord is the bestest pint )

Jings. It fair sounds great , even to me ?!!

Certainly a sight easier on the Heid than trawling up to the East End of Glasgow for the day.

Ken,........ part time supporter me. Go on yersell wee man GASC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

Well, I can add to your knowledge. Rhubarb makes an absolutely superb white wine similar to a Hock. Rhubarb wine also lends itself well to blending as it does not mask other flavours, instead, allowing the flavour of the other blended wine(s) to dominate.

Well Neeps min, we were talking about this just a couple of hours ago.

Champagne rhubarb......rhubarb champagne sounds good.

Maybe I'll order in another 50 crowns of the stuff and start a plantation.

Oh aye. Forgot one of the most fascinating things about "forced rhubarb in the sheds".....…you can actually hear it stretching and growing. It happens so fast.

It's a strange thing !!!

I'll report back on Sunday how the frenzy went. If i' m not locked up ?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast