+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool Match Thread

I’m surprisingly un-disappointed after that - plenty of positives after a car crash first 20 minutes.
    All fine lines and if Alisson didn’t pull off that save against Miggy at the start, it could’ve been a very different game.
    I thought ASM, Miggy, and Isak looked good together and Dan Burn did well too.

Overall a decent effort I thought, couldn`t fault the effort. We got absolutely zero luck in every 50/50 situation and Pope dropped a clanger. Maxi looked sharp again tho. Hit the bar twice and missed a few good chances. Very surprised we were not more prepared for the long balls with Salah so fast , we desperately need cover at left back and a top notch striker C/F tho. Shame for Anderson tho.

Damn, what a frustrating evening.

1 win in 7

Liverpool have caught us up. Top 4 looking unlikely.
    Just can't see us getting back to the team we were pre world cup. The energy has gone.

Isak, Wilson and ASM fully fit and sharp can change things though.

Absolutely gutted for Nick Pope,I was sooooo looking forward to seeing him turning out at Wembley for a winners medal. He must be phookin gutted. 😒

Might be unpopular to say this but, Klopp through Alisson and Salah did well for the red card. They do it often as Salah's timing is sh!t hot.

Quote Originally Posted by coastferret View Post
    Very surprised we were not more prepared for the long balls with Salah so fast.
    I think the plan was that Pope would push up and cover …………. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Damn, what a frustrating evening.

1 win in 7

Liverpool have caught us up. Top 4 looking unlikely.
    Just can't see us getting back to the team we were pre world cup. The energy has gone.

Isak, Wilson and ASM fully fit and sharp can change things though.
    Don’t agree. With Bruno coming back, Gordon finding his feet and, especially, Maxi coming back to form, I expect our dip in form to finish soon. (I just hope it’s over before Sunday).

They are 6pts back with a game in hand.

All their injured players are coming back.

We are showing our limitations, lack of versatility.

Our set piece game is a complete joke. We have a super tall squad yet we aren't scoring from free kicks and corners. We should be Pulis Stoke/ Allardyce Bolton dominant in the air. It's the basics of football. We just aren't doing the basics as well as we should be. It's very frustrating.

The pressing game has fallen off a cliff. We are not exhibiting the levels of energy of the first half of the season.

I'm happy where ever we end up but it's starting to show the lack of experience in our club. January we should have signed a midfielder we are weaker now that before the window. That is very disappointing.

I really hope that Eddie looks is pragmatic enough realise that things are not working right now and things have to be tweaked or we are gonna keep drawing and the teams around us will keep winning. 1 point / match will see us fall way way back when they are taking 3 points per game.

We need to hope Rice and West Ham beat Spurs tomorrow. Good god we need a hand.
    Maddison and Leicester need to beat Man U too.

Those two players could end up a B&W shirt next season. That would be lovely!

In the summer we need to really invest in 4-5 players of the Rice/Maddison calibre or we will experience the similar burnout we are currently seeing. I just hope that the rest of the season is not gonna be a painful slow decline

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    They are 6pts back with a game in hand.

All their injured players are coming back.

We are showing our limitations, lack of versatility.

Our set piece game is a complete joke. We have a super tall squad yet we aren't scoring from free kicks and corners. We should be Pulis Stoke/ Allardyce Bolton dominant in the air. It's the basics of football. We just aren't doing the basics as well as we should be. It's very frustrating.

The pressing game has fallen off a cliff. We are not exhibiting the levels of energy of the first half of the season.

I'm happy where ever we end up but it's starting to show the lack of experience in our club. January we should have signed a midfielder we are weaker now that before the window. That is very disappointing.

I really hope that Eddie looks is pragmatic enough realise that things are not working right now and things have to be tweaked or we are gonna keep drawing and the teams around us will keep winning. 1 point / match will see us fall way way back when they are taking 3 points per game.

We need to hope Rice and West Ham beat Spurs tomorrow. Good god we need a hand.
    Maddison and Leicester need to beat Man U too.

Those two players could end up a B&W shirt next season. That would be lovely!

In the summer we need to really invest in 4-5 players of the Rice/Maddison calibre or we will experience the similar burnout we are currently seeing. I just hope that the rest of the season is not gonna be a painful slow decline
    Would be a damned shame for the l
    Players who have worked so hard and bought into the philosophy, but it cannot be sustained with our current group of players. Just look at the subs the scousers brought on against ours,and there lies the problem. Hopefully it will be rectified in the summer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)