+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ogren

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Surely we can’t be 13 mill in debt?? Didn’t the owner say the club is in a better place than it was and didn’t TA say that the 5 year plan is on track.
    So the 5 year plan was to go on a European jolly and end up back where we were, at the start of the 5 year plan? It makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Surely we can’t be 13 mill in debt?? Didn’t the owner say the club is in a better place than it was and didn’t TA say that the 5 year plan is on track.
    From hazy memory the cost of buying the shares, releasing Gussie from mortgage loans, soft loans, etc was in the region of £6m. Since then any losses have been covered by "loans", so that would be why the total "debt" is more than 6. No idea what it actually is but I'd be surprised if it's as high as 13. The debt is to Ogren not to a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Emotions are running high just now and think sometimes it's good to take a step back and look at things properly

Fact is he took over with us in a total mess with a worrying future,
    We have an even worrying future now than when he took over.

The debt is significantly worse to him than it was to ST, we are bottom of the league, we have a poor squad of players, a huge chunk of which are out of contract in the summer. Ogren has stated today he won't put more money in and that were are in debt to him 13 million. So how will we find the money to get build a squad which will bounce back straight away (like he stated) without him investing more money.

Things are not adding up, if you think this is anything other than another ST scenario or even worse then I hope your right but think your in for a shock long term

Mark Ogren has been taken for a vanity ride by Revolution Sports and as yet no sign that he's woken up to it.
    Revolution Sports are the only party in this who are winners!
    Ogren with a debt higher than asset value.
    Fans angry, disappoinred and concerned.
    But Revolution Sports - doing pretty well out of it all I would have thought.

[QUOTE=stokearab;40223396]From hazy memory the cost of buying the shares, releasing Gussie from mortgage loans, soft loans, etc was in the region of £6m. Since then any losses have been covered by "loans", so that would be why the total "debt" is more than 6. No idea what it actually is but I'd be surprised if it's as high as 13. The debt is to Ogren not to a bank.[/QUOTE
    There is a £3 million debt to the Scottish government included in that total.

I lose the post if I edit, so just to add there's a Foundation Meeting this week which Mark Ogren has agreed to attend.
    There's no obligation on Mr Ogren to answer any questions posed so we may not be any the wiser after it. But.... there's no doubt that the Foundation are significant contributors to the club now so he may be more forthcoming than previously because he won't want supporters money withheld going forward.

[QUOTE=Jeremy vine;40223417]
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    From hazy memory the cost of buying the shares, releasing Gussie from mortgage loans, soft loans, etc was in the region of £6m. Since then any losses have been covered by "loans", so that would be why the total "debt" is more than 6. No idea what it actually is but I'd be surprised if it's as high as 13. The debt is to Ogren not to a bank.[/QUOTE
    Forgot, aye, interest free over 20 years IIRC

I lose the post if I edit, so just to add there's a Foundation Meeting this week which Mark Ogren has agreed to attend.
    There's no obligation on Mr Ogren to answer any questions posed so we may not be any the wiser after it. But.... there's no doubt that the Foundation are significant contributors to the club now so he may be more forthcoming than previously because he won't want supporters money withheld going forward.
    A bit of a pain in the arse, but if you are in mobile mode, switching to desktop mode (for the sake of editing) means you can edit your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    Your having a laugh ���� he stated the club are 13 million in debt at the meeting; do the sums and get your head out of the sand, if he isn’t putting anymore money in and guys like fletcher are on 7k a week it only ends one way and that’s administration.
    where are you getting 7k for Fletcher the last I seen he was on 2k and the highest paid player Dylan Levitt is on 6.2k.
    But your right in what you're saying about administration. Sometimes thats not a bad thing but I don't won't to test that theory with us.

[QUOTE=Jeremy vine;40223417]
    From hazy memory the cost of buying the shares, releasing Gussie from mortgage loans, soft loans, etc was in the region of £6m. Since then any losses have been covered by "loans", so that would be why the total "debt" is more than 6. No idea what it actually is but I'd be surprised if it's as high as 13. The debt is to Ogren not to a bank.[/QUOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A bit of a pain in the arse, but if you are in mobile mode, switching to desktop mode (for the sake of editing) means you can edit your posts.
    Cheers bud, it just seems easier to add on. Occasionally if I've made a right mess I'll copy delete edit and repost. There should be an autocorrect for drinking mode....😎

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)