+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ogren

Worst scenario is Ogren hanging around for years like Thompson trying to get as much of his family money back as he can. If he has any sense and I'm not sure he does ( thinking he would make a profit on his dealings with us was pure fantasy) he should cut his losses and disappear back to the states leaving sufficient of our club to be saved by true supporters who have a idea how to run a football club. There are times when I feel administration would not be a bad thing to rid us of Ogren and all his accumulated directors loans/debt, get shot of the players on longer term deals and start to build our club again.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Worst scenario is Ogren hanging around for years like Thompson trying to get as much of his family money back as he can. If he has any sense and I'm not sure he does ( thinking he would make a profit on his dealings with us was pure fantasy) he should cut his losses and disappear back to the states leaving sufficient of our club to be saved by true supporters who have a idea how to run a football club. There are times when I feel administration would not be a bad thing to rid us of Ogren and all his accumulated directors loans/debt, get shot of the players on longer term deals and start to build our club again.

That's another down to Asghar who had Ogren believing he could make money when everyone in Scottish football knew otherwise

Tony Asghar joined Dundee United in January 2019 after finding an investor to buy the club. Mark Ogren, an American businessman who also owns a baseball and hockey clubs in the US, was interested in investing in soccer. “Before buying, he asked me to prepare a five-years performance and business plan. He believed in this plan, bought Dundee United, and asked me to come forward and carry on the plan,”

“A lot of people were sceptical about this strategy because they think that football cannot make any money. Here in Dundee we feel that we can increase the revenue in commercial by tapping into international markets. We have started to realise this goal by bringing American, South American players along with a footballer from La Liga. We are also looking to increase our brand awareness in emerging markets like India or the Middle East. We have big plans.”

https://associationofsportingdirecto...dee-united-fc/

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    That's another down to Asghar who had Ogren believing he could make money when everyone in Scottish football knew otherwise
    Agree, one of the scariest comments Ogren made is the comments about him not being able to keep putting money in and the fans need to back the team going forward.

Is he not aware we have had record season tickets for recent years? If anything the fan base has grown bigger than it was for a long time so what else was he expecting, was he told we had 28k fans at a cup final who would all of a sudden start going and would cover the costs of his ambitions?

Any competent businessman doing due diligence would know the ceiling of what funds are likely to come from the fans week in week out + cup runs being a bonus and the fact he doesn't seem to realize we have hit that ceiling is unreal. There is no more to come from the fans, if anything hes going to see a hefty drop now. Id be surprised if ST sales dont drop by about 1500

Best for all if he sells up , no way will get 13 mill. Have no sympathy for him at all was told by supporters groups at various meetings about Asghar but insisted he was , to quote , his man , unbelievable well he can now see where his man has got him

Would add to that Ogren has also lost the fan base , when that happens your on a hiding to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post

Tony Asghar joined Dundee United in January 2019 after finding an investor to buy the club. Mark Ogren, an American businessman who also owns a baseball and hockey clubs in the US, was interested in investing in soccer. “Before buying, he asked me to prepare a five-years performance and business plan. He believed in this plan, bought Dundee United, and asked me to come forward and carry on the plan,”

“A lot of people were sceptical about this strategy because they think that football cannot make any money. Here in Dundee we feel that we can increase the revenue in commercial by tapping into international markets. We have started to realise this goal by bringing American, South American players along with a footballer from La Liga. We are also looking to increase our brand awareness in emerging markets like India or the Middle East. We have big plans.”

https://associationofsportingdirecto...dee-united-fc/
    It is our high-performance centre, and players realise that they are in a high-performance place.”

The management team also brought a five-star chef in the kitchen and provided a brand-new team bus. “This is not a lot in terms of a cost, but it changes a mind-set and culture among the players dramatically,” Mr. Asghar explains.

****inghell. aye right pal

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    It is our high-performance centre, and players realise that they are in a high-performance place.”

The management team also brought a five-star chef in the kitchen and provided a brand-new team bus. “This is not a lot in terms of a cost, but it changes a mind-set and culture among the players dramatically,” Mr. Asghar explains.

****inghell. aye right pal
    All that fecking happened is the players got comfy and soon realised it didnt matter what they did, the Head Coach is the one that paid with his joab!

Tbf, when things go wrong, it is easy to criticise and scrutinise every element of the football club, rip everything up and try something different. There probably elements that have been introduced that are worth keeping, tweaking. God knows however, how between a chairman, sporting director and two managers not one of them saw fit to make the blindingly obvious changes to the squad that were so evident with weeks of the season to 99.9% of the fan base.

hopefully today was a warning sign that will make him sell up soon. the value of the club is going to keep going down, any chance of him ever getting his investment back is surely now fantasy. He would be better getting a small fee instead of losing even more

Anyone got the feeling that Ogren wants to spend the bare minimum - just enough to get us back up so he can sell us off as a Premier League club rather than a Championship club?

I have my suspicions that this is where he is at.

If I'm correct, then he's continuing to make a right erse of things as each passing week sees the value or DUFC drop.

I don't think we can truly be rehabilitated until Ogren sucks it up/bites the bullet and accepts that he is (and always was) out of his depth and will never get his investment back.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)