+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seriously WTF

Six figures could be anything between £100,000 and £999,999. If it was for a substantial sum say £500,000 and a Soutter style sell on clause then I suppose it could be a deal we can't really turn down. If he bombs here next season we have got good money for him. If he plays well for us next season, great and that would augur well for his time down south and future value. It has more chance of making money for the club than the old style developing the player yourself for immediate big money if he turns out not as good as expected. Whether the funds to to future club development of into the Chairman's pocket, well that's another matter.

On the grand scale of things that are wrong about our situation just now, this has to be the lowest denominator of out woes!

He is still our player to the end of the season, then if i have read it right, he is with us on loan next season. Best thing that Fulham can do now though is loan us their second choice keeper, and while i have not looked to see who that is, im fecking sure he is 100% better than Mr Spaghetti.

If we actually got round to developing any of these youngsters in the first team, we’d be getting more money up front for the here and now potential, and all the same sell on fees. Like Aberdeen did with ramsay and the full back at hibs.

First and foremost, we need to be putting something together on the pitch that the fans want to watch. I don't want our club to be used as a shop window just for punting youth players that we will never get to see for more than a few cameos. I am concerned that the management team are getting told that they have to play certain players to get them in the shop window, regardless of the affect that it may have on the team. Are we putting too much emphasis on cashing in on our youngsters ahead of success on the pitch? Lets say that McLeod is loaned back to us, will there be a caveat that he has to play if fit? We were told that we were looking to develop our own players but this would have to be balanced with success on the pitch...we clearly are not being successful on the pitch! The timing of this is horrific and when you consider that we apparently ran out of time to get in another striker when we are so light upfront but we somehow managed to negotiate losing one after the window closed.. then I think it shows a bit of disregard to the supporters! The first team is clearly being neglected after what we witnessed in the January transfer window, and that neglet is likely to see us relegated!

Well he can't move until the window opens again can he?

Do you think it's not a bit disproportionate that the club have managed to move on 12 players during the January window and only managed to get 1 in? This isn't about McLeod, I genuinely wish him well...this is about us not dealing with our recruitment in a way that benefits the product on the pitch that the fans pay to see. This might be the business model that the owner wants but P1ssing off your customers is not going to help the club. We pay into this to try and have a successful team..not to try and generate money for the owner. It is a balancing act !

I'd be interested to see the list of these players to see what kind of affect it's actually had on our first team.

Honestly why the f*** would we bother loaning him back.

Why are we playing this boy in the first team when he is not ready? This to me smacks of looking after the balance sheet. Well, when we get relegated the balance sheet will look rotten because United will have pissed off the support by showing that they put the biggest thing of all football clubs, performances on the pitch at the bottom of the pile. Bottom equals relegation. Pathetic.

The emergency keeper, get Michael McGovern in from Norwich. Punt that "goalie coach" Hinchcliffe.

Unless McLeod was first team ready which signs are he isn't, what would be the point in getting him back to develop someone else's player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)