+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aberdeen v Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think a problem with fitba at all levels is a desire to copy what the Wendy-moneyball guys are doing.
    "Playing through the high press" and other such w@nkyisms are commonplace (it's many a year since I was at Inverdee on a Saturday, but it wouldnae surprise me to see Pep wannabees espousing this in that arena) but if you have players that are nae that comfy on the ball, it's a recipe for disaster.

In this league, and let's nae beat around the bush........it's sh1te, if you put round pegs in round holes and ask players to do what they're capable of doing, you can get into the top six, and push for top four, relatively easily.

Look at what Martindale's done at Livingston, that team has nae right being where they are.
    But he keeps it simple.
    Dinna get me wrong, it's eye-bleeding fare and Aberdeen as a football club should be capable of hitting a substantially higher level.

But the basic premise is the same, get players in roles they're capable of playing and dinna ask them to do what they canna do.
    Speaking of ****yisms I see Shinnie has learnt the art of "buying" a foul in his time down south

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Finding these players within our means is the much more difficult part.
    We should never be signing players just because the can head a ball etc…we should be doing more to get far better quality in. Too many misfits were in our squad at the start of the campaign and it turned into a nightmare too quickly. A few with the heart of a mouse also….these types shouldn’t be representing Aberdeen.
    Hopefully Alex McLeish will get us a bit more quality players with a hell of a lot more desire to win.

Too many English lower league dross.
    How many are still in the first eleven?

Remember, no matter what they call it, English third and fourth division is still English third and fourth division.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Remember, no matter what they call it, English third and fourth division is still English third and fourth division.
    Absolutely spot on. I am not saying that the odd gem could never be found but you need to get these types early in their career. I don’t think our scouting team are upto much if I am honest. Some cr@p we have signed!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Possibly some good players to be found at that level, but going to have to sieve through a lot of shyte to find someone decent.

We need to get to a place where we only need to sign one or two players in the summer rather than near a whole new team.

Possibly some good players to be found at that level, but going to have to sieve through a lot of shyte to find someone decent.

We need to get to a place where we only need to sign one or two players in the summer rather than near a whole new team.
    I like what Robson & Agnew have already done. Make the players they have work to the best of each others abilities. So far.

The new Centre Halfs can actually defend. Amazing !!!

Now for an away win ................? Firday beckons. ( It shouldn`t be too hard ? Just run about a bit !! )

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I like what Robson & Agnew have already done. Make the players they have work to the best of each others abilities. So far.

The new Centre Halfs can actually defend. Amazing !!!

Now for an away win ................? Firday beckons. ( It shouldn`t be too hard ? Just run about a bit !! )

COYR
    They always raise their game against us though, but would love a win down their to compound their misery.

They always raise their game against us though, but would love a win down their to compound their misery.
    Raise their game, what like Darvel did too ?!!

As Barry seems to keep telling our boys. " just run about a bit" more then.

Seems to work ?
    Ah, but right enough , this IS Aberdeen.......away........... !!!

My biggest problem for this will be to find an alternative feed to Hesgoal. ( again )

As I doubt my RED TV , DNA & Season ticket subscriptions will let me watch this live on the Telly in any official way again ?!!

As I doubt my RED TV , DNA & Season ticket subscriptions will let me watch this live on the Telly in any official way again ?!!

Why not use a VPN (e.g. NordVPN) ?
    Invaluable if you want to make Red TV "think" you're abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxsa-Eugene View Post

Why not use a VPN (e.g. NordVPN) ?
    Invaluable if you want to make Red TV "think" you're abroad.
    Yes. Sound advice.

I've already downloaded that VPN.

Just lazy in trying to get it to work. Auld Mannie syndrome.!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345