+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGM this evening

AGM this evening

Can we expect anything exciting from the first AGM in front of supporters again since Covid or will it just the usual p1sh ….?

A brief summary from last night -

New 4G pitch to be laid after the season ends.

Club expect another 6 figure loss for the next financial year.

Nets to be purchased for both stands to try and deter the seagulls & pigeon problems.

Lack of cover for our disabled supporters brought up again.

The usual 3 female supporters brought up the state of the woman’s toilets in the main stand. Billy looking into it. 🤦🏼

Another fantastic speech from Dan Armstrong regarding all the community work that he’s involved with at Palmerston.

The manager answered questions from supporters and was very honest and at times humorous.
    Last edited by johnny_dumfries; 21-02-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    A brief summary from last night -

New 4G pitch to be laid after the season ends.

Club expect another 6 figure loss for the next financial year.

Nets to be purchased for both stands to try and deter the seagulls & pigeon problems.

Lack of cover for our disabled supporters brought up again.

The usual 3 female supporters brought up the state of the woman’s toilets in the main stand. Billy looking into it. 🤦🏼

Another fantastic speech from Dan Armstrong regarding all the community work that he’s involved with at Palmerston.

The manager answered questions from supporters and was very honest and at times humorous.
    Marvin is a very impressive individual and so pleased that he's on a two and a half year contract. He said that he inherited an unbalanced squad which he will address in the summer and has already identified the players he wants to bring in. If he can "walk the walk" in the same manner as he can "talk the talk" we certainly have exciting times ahead for the club.

Falling crowd numbers remain a major worry for the club.

What really annoys me is these supporters who say they’re not going back as they won’t give Hewitson a single penny. Dearie me , Hewitson doesn’t own Queens and none of the directors take or make a penny out of the day to day running of the football club , quite the opposite actually.
    A six figure loss last financial year (£208,000) and another one due next year and fans think the BOD are making money ffs.

Some are using their dislike for the Chairman as an excuse for not attending but all they’re doing is damaging the CLUB and not their intended target.

Hi , so regarding the seagull problem mentioned at the AGM , I recently posted a article by moray council to get rid of the gulls, . I did email QOSFC admin but guess what , NO reply at all. 👎

Quote Originally Posted by aljard View Post
    Hi , so regarding the seagull problem mentioned at the AGM , I recently posted an article by moray council to get rid of the gulls, . I did email QOSFC admin but guess what , NO reply at all. 👎
    No reply but sounds as they’re going to do something about it aljard

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Falling crowd numbers remain a major worry for the club.

What really annoys me is these supporters who say they’re not going back as they won’t give Hewitson a single penny. Dearie me , Hewitson doesn’t own Queens and none of the directors take or make a penny out of the day to day running of the football club , quite the opposite actually.
    A six figure loss last financial year (£208,000) and another one due next year and fans think the BOD are making money ffs.

Some are using their dislike for the Chairman as an excuse for not attending but all they’re doing is damaging the CLUB and not their intended target.
    This is the BoD taking there biggest gamble get by appointing Bartley. The current losses are clearly unsustainable so the club now needs a get onto an upward trajectory coupled with an attractive winning team to attract more interest from the generally apathetic Dumfries support. If this doesn't work then we are doomed to many a season in the lower leagues once again, for those of us that can remember those dark days. It therefore very important that we now fully back the club starting this Saturday against the league leaders and get behind Marvin with his current squad of players so we can finish as high as possible this season. Mon the South 👏👏

Totally agree Spike, - we need to leave the apathy behind; after all its easy to be apathetic and criticise everything about the club, - but its a lot harder to head along week after week and witness some of the poor shows.

Without being over simplistic, we must never forget that football is a game, not an exact science or business in the traditional sense of the word, so there is no proven winning formula, - although hard work and giving 100% every week will in the long run bring a modicum of success.

It would appear that Marvin wants to deliver that, - so we the supporters need to start backing him, - if only to keep the club going.

Start be bringing a friend or family member this weekend or if you’re reading this and haven’t been for a while then get yourselves along and support the TEAM.

Just a thought, but has there ever been any discussion of trying to move to a fan ownership model for Queens? I know there are a number of clubs in Scotland who have done that, including some in the top tier where everything, including costs, is scaled up quite a bit. I know that despite a lot of initial reluctance fan ownership at Morton has been a success so far - due in large part it has to be said to appointing a manager who has done superbly so far. I suspect Marvin Bartley, coming to Queens from Livingston as Dougie Imrie did when he joined Morton, may be cut from the same cloth but the benefit won't really be seen until next season when he can presumably choose his own squad. The fan ownership model has really improved the relationship between fans, team, manager & even the board of both the fan organisation and the club itself. Might be worth Queens supporters considering if some more direct involvement in similar vein would be of benefit. Queens are very much a community club and that is a big part of the fan ownership ethos. I don't really know if it works the same way in the top tier but as there are at least three clubs (Heart, St Mirren & Motherwell) who are (I think!) fan-owned, I would assume the concept must have some merit even when scaled up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)