+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run in

Run in

Is mid Feb too early for this thread? Well, I've posted it because I've just noticed, of 16 games remaining, only 6 are at home. So my question is, is that a major disadvantage that can be calamitous for the season overall

or does it make no difference the way we are playing?

We need to bear in mind that 3 of the away games are to Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Northampton.
    Personally, certainly in recent weeks and considering the state of the pitch at Gresty Road, I don't discern any difference in our play whether home or away. I've already assumed we'd lose the above 3 games anyway. We just need to keep plugging away against the Grimsbys, Walsall and Newports. We also need to go all out against Rochdale on Saturday too.

Remarkably we have only lost 4 away games up to now!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is mid Feb too early for this thread? Well, I've posted it because I've just noticed, of 16 games remaining, only 6 are at home. So my question is, is that a major disadvantage that can be calamitous for the season overall

or does it make no difference the way we are playing?

We need to bear in mind that 3 of the away games are to Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Northampton.
    Personally, certainly in recent weeks and considering the state of the pitch at Gresty Road, I don't discern any difference in our play whether home or away. I've already assumed we'd lose the above 3 games anyway. We just need to keep plugging away against the Grimsbys, Walsall and Newports. We also need to go all out against Rochdale on Saturday too.
    Never too early to talk about up and coming fixtures. I didn't realise there were so many more away games to play. Important to remember that we need 14 points to hit the magic 50 points mark and I see no reason why the bulk of those can't be picked up in our remaining home fixtures. We are also likely to pick some points that may on paper be unexpected.
    I never like to talk in terms of "must win" games but we do have to start winning at home and Rochdale is a great one to start with

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Remarkably we have only lost 4 away games up to now!
    That is rather amazing! I hadn't checked that when I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Never too early to talk about up and coming fixtures. I didn't realise there were so many more away games to play. Important to remember that we need 14 points to hit the magic 50 points mark and I see no reason why the bulk of those can't be picked up in our remaining home fixtures. We are also likely to pick some points that may on paper be unexpected.
    I never like to talk in terms of "must win" games but we do have to start winning at home and Rochdale is a great one to start with
    Will we need 50 points? We did in the division above where 4 went down but I suspect 45 would be nearer the mark. It's something worth checking.

However, the more points the merrier!
    I'm suggesting 54

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Will we need 50 points? We did in the division above where 4 went down but I suspect 45 would be nearer the mark. It's something worth checking.
    50 points will more than likely be plenty, but the more the merrier

Nobody's gone down from.this league with more than 45 points in the last 15 - 20 years, with only 2 down.

Weather forecast for start of March is not good - very cold/loadsa snow etc.
    The inability to prevent our pitch freezing, plus the fact that we have 2 games a week til the end of the season won't help.

By the way, when was the Grimsby match rearranged (again!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast