+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread Barnsley v Derby Feb 25th 2023

Matchday thread Barnsley v Derby Feb 25th 2023

Well. What a bummer. Tickets went on general sale this morning. I was all over the site like a rash from well before sales started. Clicking on a seat every 2 to 3 seconds and getting the message that they aren't on sale yet. There were over 1800 tickets left going into the sale this morning. In just one, 3 second gap between clicks, it went from "not on sale yet" to "seat not available and inside about 5 seconds there were just 20 left spread all over the place. Then people's basket started to empty and "sold out" became "buy". On it in a flash but they were always gone. By 11:00 the screen stayed on "sold out".

Email fired off to the ticket office and we are on the returned tickets list, Not holding out much hope though.

Another email fired off to Barnsley to see if they allow opposition fans into hospitality. If they do, we're there, boots blacked.

If both routes fail..... it will be hospitality at Burton.

0-2.

Just put on a flat cap, borrow Gunter’s whippet, stick a Sheffield Star under your arm and tha’ll be reet lad!

You might need to eat a pie too.....

Don't forget your sparking clogs!

So having no clue what sparking clogs are, I resorted to Google and discovered they were mentioned in that execrable song about LS Lowry from the 70s. To think, I've endured hearing it 1000s of times and always heard that lyric as sparking plugs.

It never made any sense before, thanks for the enlightenment into Northern ways, Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So having no clue what sparking clogs are, I resorted to Google and discovered they were mentioned in that execrable song about LS Lowry from the 70s. To think, I've endured hearing it 1000s of times and always heard that lyric as sparking plugs.

It never made any sense before, thanks for the enlightenment into Northern ways, Mac
    And thanks to you my weekend reacquainting myself with 'the best of 70s prog' is ruined because I can't get that BLOODY tune out of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    You might need to eat a pie too.....
    Last there in our promotion season. Pies were excellent...

Was offered 4 Barnsley tickets for £90 this morning. Didn't buy them. Seller saw my plea on FB and said to contact them, I did. Wanted 90. Beggars can't be choosers. I asked for Bank details and they sent details of a Revolut account. I know that I can't send funds to a UK Revolut account from here. I asked for another account. They sent details of a Clear Junction Limited Bank account. I began to think Red Flag.... 3 different names for a start. One on FB, another on Revolut and a 3rd one on Clear Junction Limited Bank. I googled Clear Junction Limited Bank. They have a rep worse than Western Union. I then checked the FB profile.... no info. No birthplace, where they are living, no occupation.... nowt. I thanked them for their time and am now still looking for tickets. Having backed out the seller said "You're not really ready to buy, come back when you are". I won't*be*going*back.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    And thanks to you my weekend reacquainting myself with 'the best of 70s prog' is ruined because I can't get that BLOODY tune out of my head
    Just to smooth things over, sing along now
    'And he painted Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs,
    He painted kids on the corner of the street that were sparking clogs'

Happy days!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Just to smooth things over, sing along now
    'And he painted Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs,
    He painted kids on the corner of the street that were sparking clogs'

Happy days!!
    matchSTICK

Just for you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)