+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - they really did NOT think this through...

OT - they really did NOT think this through...

Notlob have just signed a new Stadium Sponsorship deal...... I foresee years of urine extraction in their direction.

Name:  Notlob Toughsheet.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  16.7 KB

Will their home form deteriorate to match the new ground name?

I'd like to say its a dump to match the name but it's not. Great name though.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I'd like to say its a dump to match the name but it's not. Great name though.
    I think it’s a sheet name...but then I still associate them with Burnden Park or, if I’m feeling really modern...The Reebok.

yep will always be the reebok

to be fair it would have been a much better match for that dump on the side of the trent over in Notts

I got well beat up at Burnden Park way back when! It was before BC, a group of Bolton fans pounced on me and gave me a good going over. I was lying on the ground motionless when one shouted 'run, we've killed him'! They bolted leaving me on the deck in the pouring rain, I immediately got up and did a bunk in the opposite direction! All pretty normal for the sxties!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I got well beat up at Burnden Park way back when! It was before BC, a group of Bolton fans pounced on me and gave me a good going over. I was lying on the ground motionless when one shouted 'run, we've killed him'! They bolted leaving me on the deck in the pouring rain, I immediately got up and did a bunk in the opposite direction! All pretty normal for the sxties!
    BC, blimey how old are you Mac?!!
    What a lovely memory though, I hope no serious injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    to be fair it would have been a much better match for that dump on the side of the trent over in Notts
    Leave County alone yer fecker

Anyway, I thought Toughsheet were what the EFL said to MM after his appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    BC, blimey how old are you Mac?!!
    What a lovely memory though, I hope no serious injuries?
    Thanks RS, a few cuts and bruises and a slightly re-designed nose!!
    Fortunately, as it was a cold wet day, I was wearing a heavy duffle coat with the hood up and that gave me some protection when the boots went in! As I said it was a bit 'lively' in the sixties following your team, I can recall one or two hairy moments!

My nearest memory to that was game in about 73 or 74 where the Rams were away at St Andrews. I was living in Birmingham at the time so hopped a local bus to the ground wearing neutral colours. I was set upon by a group of Derby fans! Went to ground and they moved on looking for more of a challenge. Maybe some if you lot were amongst them 😄

Anyway recovered my poise and never lost the faith. But I learned to always carry a concealed Rams scarf etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)