+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/ T Rotherham District Hospital.

It comes out of your wages, which is the same as National Insurance really.

People who can't afford to pay don't have to, it's only te American system that doesn't cover everybody.

The US is a basket case. Generally regarded as a very expensive healthcare system, riddled with inequality, the US pay more per capita on healthcare than any other country. Pfizer etc advertise addictive drugs freely on TV.

There's plenty in the current government would welcome an identical state of affairs in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I've always thought that if something is worth having in principle (free at point of delivery through NI contributions, it doesn't seem to beyond wit and wisdom to just lead on making it not a shambles, shake it up, manage it better but keep the principle.

Is the real reason though that people have such strong objections to the NHS is that they disagree with the basic priciple pf everyone paying in through NI and whilst being healthy themselves resenting that their contributions are being used to support NHS users that don't pay in as much? And therefore do these folk mainly just want a system of private health insurance where you pay your own and not contribute to anyone else's/wider institution etc. If that is the case, best just say that, and not just keep going on about perceived NHS ineffiencies?

All for reviewing and shaking up to manage the inefficiencies better, but can't help but thinking that some of the passionate objections are more on the wider principle of the NHS. Not really seen a convincing alternative from other countries that do better at making health protection more financially viable whilst at the same time making it so that lack of money doesn't prevent many people having access to health protection. Open to reconsider though.

Hope all ok with missus Lol
    Thanks raging.

Some hospitals are very efficient. Some of the choreography in the nurses dance routines during lockdown were superb.

They can also respond quickly. Rotherham General had rainbows stencilled on Moorgate Road within days of the first lockdown being announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Wife went for a colonoscopy last Sunday 10-30am.Every thing went fine,results fine.Today she got a phone call from RDGH to ask if she had been for her colonoscopy & if yes what was the results as they have lost all Sundays medical records.The Doctor that phoned was the person that did the procedure.What a joke (Not).
    Glad to hear that all's well Lol.

Had a similar confusion here in the US recently when I rushed Mrs. CA to ER and she ended up needing two emergency operations less than 2 days apart. The crew doing the 2nd one seemed to have no clue she'd even had the first one despite the fact she'd been kept in for 2 nights with no food (36 hours) between the two. Haven't had all the bills in yet but expecting it to be between $30K and $50K so glad we have good insurance. Still as a true Yorkshireman I'll have a good moan about the $250 we will have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Glad to hear that all's well Lol.

Had a similar confusion here in the US recently when I rushed Mrs. CA to ER and she ended up needing two emergency operations less than 2 days apart. The crew doing the 2nd one seemed to have no clue she'd even had the first one despite the fact she'd been kept in for 2 nights with no food (36 hours) between the two. Haven't had all the bills in yet but expecting it to be between $30K and $50K so glad we have good insurance. Still as a true Yorkshireman I'll have a good moan about the $250 we will have to pay.
    Is that 250 per month Cam?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is that 250 per month Cam?
    No that's what's called our 'deductible'. The amount we have to pay before the coverage kicks in which for my insurance we are 100% covered after the deductible (some insurances cover at 50% some at 80% etc. and some have higher deductibles eg. $1K, $2K etc.) .

Monthly my employer don't charge me anything towards my insurance for me but I pay $67/month for Mrs. CA. My employer pay the insurance company $1,400/month.

I know that if I was depending on the NHS last year I would be dead now!

Well let's displace one myth regarding the NHS funding .

It's funded through General Taxation and topped up with NI contributions and not NI contributions alone .

That means everyone whether you are working or not contributes , everything you buy is taxed in one form or another .

Could we have a better health system in this country ?

Absolutely .

Have I seen an alternative system that the electorate would vote for ?

Nope .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well let's displace one myth regarding the NHS funding .

It's funded through General Taxation and topped up with NI contributions and not NI contributions alone .

That means everyone whether you are working or not contributes , everything you buy is taxed in one form or another .

Could we have a better health system in this country ?

Absolutely .

Have I seen an alternative system that the electorate would vote for ?

Nope .
    The sticking point is "free at the point of use", but that's what drives demand, from all over the world as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast